Sign in to follow this  
Eagle

New record for E30 325is pricing?

Saw this on facebook a couple of months back. Thought the guy had done it as a keeper. Nice car but...

Oh my...

Reminds me how much I like a clean alpine white :wub:

• Thanks 1

It's very nice indeed. But there was a Diamond Schwarz one that was asking 25k in Rotorua which was in very good condition too.  And I thought that was really testing the market. 

$50k... IMO I would rather buy a normal E30 coupe shell, put a S54 in it, run it with just two seats and half a cage. 

Or 

Spend it all on hookers and blow. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Spends money on upgrades throughout the car making it no longer OEM.

Then spends 20K on a stock M20 rebuild....  What an odd decision.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Yeah I was so dumbfounded by the 20K M20 that I didn't realise the thread title had it as an IS.

It defiantly is not an IS.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:09 AM, Driftit said:

Then spends 20K on a stock M20 rebuild....  What an odd decision.

What a remarkable achievement - spending $20k on an M20, even the guys that have got really tricked up race M20s in the Race Series have struggled to get up to $20k for a build, so someone must have seen him coming when they charged him for this job - $7,500 in labour for an M20... really?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

What a remarkable achievement - spending $20k on an M20, even the guys that have got really tricked up race M20s in the Race Series have struggled to get up to $20k for a build, so someone must have seen him coming when they charged him for this job - $7,500 in labour for an M20... really?

I think my M20 for my race car was about $6K total.  And that is expensive for how basic an M20 is.

• Like 1

spending $20k on an M20

Common guys, he's spent the 20k on getting 147kw dialled in!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/18/2018 at 7:42 AM, bga said:

.. not an is .. its a beaut but 'just' a 325i - there is a 325is Evo2 on TM at the mo.. north of $60k https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-1797945988.htm?rsqid=e549e0db10c04da0a04185f863a0b22d

Perhaps you can put me straight...

I thought the M325 was a 325is in other markets. Same car, different badge. 

Same story with the E34 M535i? 

Be interesting to see the invoice for the engine build. 

Either someone’s taken him to town, he’s jacked up the rebuild figure to justify his asking price, or an attempt to impress a potential buyer who wouldn’t have the know how on changing a tyre - someone like Mike Hosking or Jack Tame springs to mind. 

Hell, for around $22k I could build a 15 litre  Cummins or Cat, or 16 litre Volvo inc cylinder head that will be good for 1 million km. 

• Haha 1

For 20k you could get an S85, installed.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, coop said:

Either someone’s taken him to town, he’s jacked up the rebuild figure to justify his asking price, or an attempt to impress a potential buyer who wouldn’t have the know how on changing a tyre - someone like Mike Hosking or Jack Tame springs to mind. 

Hell, for around $22k I could build a 15 litre  Cummins or Cat, or 16 litre Volvo inc cylinder head that will be good for 1 million km. 

In the US the M325i is a 325is.  I have no idea why they called it this.

As for the E34.  You have all 3.  535is, M535i and the 535i.  In the US it is just the 535i.  Which is odd because they did have an E28 535is, just not the E34 535is.

My E34 535is is from the UK.  Where you would expect it to be called a M535i or 535i Sport like the E30's from the UK..  And we thought the new model numbers were confusing.

But the actual 325is is the South African version.  There is one on TM for 60K+.

• Thanks 1

the e34 that we call the 535is was never called a 535is by BMWNZ.AKAIK it was just a manual 535i with a full motorsport kit.I dont think they even called them a M535i

• Like 1

There is a fine line between what people think their car is worth against what it will actually sell for. 

• Like 2

Fine line?  I'd say a chasm would be more accurate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Everyone in NZ just goes onto Tardme.  Looks at what a car similar to theirs is advertised at and matches it.

3 minutes ago, Driftit said:

Everyone in NZ just goes onto Tardme.  Looks at what a car similar to theirs is advertised at and matches it.

Or double it if they’ve just given it a wash for the first time since owning and it’s “in mint condition”

• Like 2

I think it's one of those "it's for sale darling" adverts. 

..and nice pics so the owner can get jollies seeing it online from time to time. 

On 10/20/2018 at 1:08 AM, coop said:

same name, different specs in differnt markets.. very confusing, certainly no expert just google a lot :) - for eg the South african 325is Evo2 as on TradeMe at the moment had a lot of Alpina influence, 2.7ltr (probably a better name would have been 327is) and M3 bits such as 5 stud wheels, some had and Aluminium bonnet / doors ... https://www.alpina-archive.com/?page_id=7678

Edited by bga