Sign in to follow this  
jasera94

WTB: E30 Cabriolet Bits

Hi Team,

Looking for the following if you can supply or point in the right direction:

Shifter arm (Getrag 260) 

Rear Lowering springs - Currently running extremely low springs and very stretched tires wanting to go a little higher so i am able to fit wider tires for easier wof.

Full Stock exhaust system (325i) - ideally to trade for my Remus exhaust setup... too loud for me.

Thanks!

Edited by jasera94

The shifter arm and the exhaust system will be the same for the coupe and sedan E30 325i, which will make your search a little easier as there are not many cabrios around in NZ.

Lowering springs are the same size and shape as for the coupe and sedan, but tend to sit a bit lower on the cabby due to the extra body weight. Just something to bear in mind when looking at "normal" e30 springs but making the search easier again.

1 hour ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

The shifter arm and the exhaust system will be the same for the coupe and sedan E30 325i, which will make your search a little easier as there are not many cabrios around in NZ.

Lowering springs are the same size and shape as for the coupe and sedan, but tend to sit a bit lower on the cabby due to the extra body weight. Just something to bear in mind when looking at "normal" e30 springs but making the search easier again.

Thanks Jon! Really appreciate it good things to know!

i have Eibach coupe springs and Bilstein sport shocks in my cabby, gives a nice height.

i am running a 9" wheel in the back with a 215 tyre. they just kiss the gaurds if i have the boot loaded up with stuff, a full tank of gas and i go over a bump otherwise its fine, the shocks could probably do with a refresh as they are pretty old, i would say it wouldnt do it if the shocks were new.

I have got a spare set of 325i down pipes and centre section, the proper twin pipe 325i ones if you are still looking, no rear muffler though.

On 10/25/2018 at 11:39 AM, _ethrty-Andy_ said:

i have Eibach coupe springs and Bilstein sport shocks in my cabby, gives a nice height.

i am running a 9" wheel in the back with a 215 tyre. they just kiss the gaurds if i have the boot loaded up with stuff, a full tank of gas and i go over a bump otherwise its fine, the shocks could probably do with a refresh as they are pretty old, i would say it wouldnt do it if the shocks were new.

My E30 is running the exact same setup as you! my main concern is that it wont pass a wof with that stretch.. had any issues?

On 10/30/2018 at 4:44 PM, jasera94 said:

My E30 is running the exact same setup as you! my main concern is that it wont pass a wof with that stretch.. had any issues?

sorry for the slow reply, no i havent, but the guys are usually too busy commenting on it being the tidiest they have every seen etc etc to actually look at anything too closely.

• Haha 1