Sign in to follow this  
Joseph02

BMW service

All he needs is a basic oil service to keep the policy ticking over. I work at Chch BMW and we do them for like $240 if that which isn't expensive by any stretch. Especially if it means keeping Autosure happy should there be anything to claim in the future

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Gaz said:

...a basic oil service...Chch BMW...do them for like $240...

Assuming "ish" does that include fluids and filters???

20 minutes ago, qube said:

problem is a lot of places charge an arm and a leg for parts that could be bought for much cheaper overseas/elsewhere but then they wont allow you to supply the parts....

So much this. 

Just tell me you're going to charge me 10% more than FCP for margin and I'll happily pay you for the parts, it's a win-win. But often double the price is hard to swallow.

Edited by M3AN

10 minutes ago, M3AN said:

Assuming "ish" does that include fluids and filters??

Yep, it's not an oil service without them ?

Bearing in mind that it is a 116i 

12 minutes ago, M3AN said:

So much this. 

Just tell me you're going to charge me 10% more than FCP for margin and I'll happily pay you for the parts, it's a win-win. But often double the price is hard to swallow.

We'll also fit parts you supply but when I ask them how much they pay for said part it's often not too much more. Should the part fail again you still have to get it fitted assuming you didn't do it yourself. Hell, if you buy the part from bmw, fit it yourself and it fails, we'll fit the new part for you under warranty 

• Like 1

Had to replace the intake pipe and do an oil change on my 116i the other day. Both things I could do easily.

oil $50

filter $20

pipe $100

2 hours work ish

i got lazy and took it into a shop and paid $490.

$240 for oil and filter and $250 for pipe fitted. 

It’s not cheap nor expensive but it saved me a lot of hassle. Just drop off and pick up and know that it’s done instead of mucking around with dirty oil and re fitting a million screws and clips. I’m okay with it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, qube said:

It’s not cheap nor expensive but it saved me a lot of hassle. Just drop off and pick up and know that it’s done instead of mucking around with dirty oil and re fitting a million screws and clips. I’m okay with it. 

That right there is the biggest and best reason to get it done.

Yep the labour to service most Euro cars isn't much more than servicing say Japanese or Aussie cars. The cost of the parts can and does vary.

Any mechanical warranty you get on a car, the insurer will try and screw you as hard as they can in every circumstance, I've been on the receiving end and seen worse with friends, even down to friends getting screwed over with a 4G63 Evo where the motor sh*t itself withing 500ks done on it within 6 months. As mentioned by others, get receipts as well as that stamp. However, neither will save you if you can't/won't fight the insurance company.

Getting it serviced right, by people who know what they are doing, is the cheapest insurance you will ever get.

On 10/23/2018 at 9:14 PM, KwS said:

Thank you all for the comments and advises.Much appreciated. Guess I'll start to learn more about BMW and DIY during mech warranty period. 

Edited by Joseph02

On 10/23/2018 at 5:35 PM, Joseph02 said:

My one is msport and looks like i need to get bluetooth to be installed on my car. Cheers

My 2009 M Spec 116i doesn't have Bluetooth. I purchased a small Bluetooth adapter from Jaycar for $60. I keep in the compartment next to the AV input. It works a treat. Regards.