Sign in to follow this  
Joseph02

No bluetooth and navigation

Hey guys,

I recently bought bmw 116i E87 and found out that there's no bluetooth and navigation function on idrive.

As it's imported from Japan, the radio is also not working. I called autogravity for installing the bluetooth and they say it's gonna cost about 1k

and navigation for 2.5k. I find this too expensive. Any alternatives? 

Thanks, 

option 1 - get a band expander to get NZ radio, use phone's google maps for navigation and forget about bluetooth

option 2 - sell car and buy a nz new model to get radio and navigation (still no bluetooth music with CCC iDrive)

option 3 - get it done at euro surgeon instead of auto gravity (still expensive)

option 4 - make friends with people who can fix this kind of things and spend a lot of time reading/searching and see if you want to make it a project to "fix/upgrade" it yourself (still requires more parts and tools and knowledge)

• Like 1

I bought myself an android system which has a 10.25" screen. Gave me all the functions plus more (BT, NAV, DVR, WAN access, upgraded interface from CCC to NBT, and OEM system still active with full integration of OEM controls) $700