Sign in to follow this  
PJB

1986 M635csi

Hi a number of you may have seen this car for sale a couple of months back. It's been pretty much out of sight for some years but is known to a few people and once again is back on the road with me as its third owner.

#328 was NZ new and has just clocked up 116k km. If I have this right in 1991-ish the ACS wheels and body kit were fitted and the engine was given a healthy dose of Dinan "love and attention" upping its performance ... Mileage at that time was approx 80k km.

There is no evidence of repair or rust, it's very original and except for the OBC everything works. As I understand it the same guys (guru's) have serviced and looked after it all their lives, which I find particularly cool.

That said it's needed a little recommissioning , new tires have transformed it, leather rejuvenation has made it look like new inside along with a few bits and pieces. The biggest ticket item being a NOS AC radiator.

Next week it's booked in to spend sometime with a couple of the well known BMW guru's being dyno''d.

I'll let you know how it goes. Regards Julian

IMG_0754.JPG

IMG_0908.JPG

IMG_0900.JPG

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

It's a very cool car, and no mistake.

And a Jensen Interceptor 'vert, eh? My M635Csi ownership experience was two cars after having an Interceptor Mk3.

Hi  Julian,

So nice to see the interior looking the way it should. Looks fabulous. A very special M635csi ( have you introduced it to the Big Coupe website?). I actually really love the look of this car in white - not sure what other colours would lend itself so well to the body kit.

Great to see it go to a good home and get enjoyed!

Cheers!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, gjm said:

It's a very cool car, and no mistake.

And a Jensen Interceptor 'vert, eh? My M635Csi ownership experience was two cars after having an Interceptor Mk3.

Hi Graham, you owned your M6 in the UK- right? What colour was it - and do you recall what number it was of the 524 in rhd?

It was a Delphin Highline with Shadowline trim. When i bought it I was on an early-20s roll... A succession of nice cars, most of which I wish i still had! Things like the number weren't foremost in my mind and given how that sort of thing is now of much more interest to me, I'm a little disappointed I don't remember.

I first saw it in the visitors 'for sale' area at the Beaulieu Autojumble in... 1992? Might have been 1993. Looked fabulous - completely stock. It was a late 1986 car with the revised rear spoiler, but still with 3-piece rims. I'd just read a review of the US Dinan M6 turbo, possibly in Road & Track (I probably still have that article, somewhere) and while the idea appealed, it's not something I explored further.

Very interesting. Delphin  is a very rare but nice colour.... I grew up in Cambridge, and after spending 12 years overseas I came home and I set about to buy a M635csi in 2001. Funnily enough one popped up for sale in Hamilton - an ex UK in Delphin grey with cream leather. It was a very early 86’ (number 296 from memory). It was only $30k. I missed out on it - but years later worked for the family in Hamilton who owned that car. They never really drove it for years and when I drove it in 2010 it had lost a lot of power and needed some recommissioning. Was sold to a car dealer in Dunedin. Pretty sure it is the only Delphin example in NZ. 

There is another Delphin blue M6 in Wellington & also a Zinnorot M6 as well

2 hours ago, Barryn said:

There is another Delphin blue M6 in Wellington & also a Zinnorot M6 as well

I know of Phil O’Reilly’s famous Cirrus blue M635csi in Wellington. An almost complete restoration car, and possibly one of the finest examples in NZ. Is that the blue car you talk of? Delphin was a dark metallic grey.  The Zinnober red example is an amazing  example too. Full m tech body kit, with style 5 wheels. Black leather. One of the finest examples in NZ too... stunning car in that colour. There was a ex UK green one example too that lived in Wellington. Sold to a guy in Huntly, about 6 years ago. Now in Melbourne - where a dealer has been trying to offload it between $60-$100k for the last year. Hasn’t sold. 

• Like 1

Cool car, I wish this car was available when I bought my M5ISH lol.

Out of curiosity, which shop did you booked it in?

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 11:06 AM, ssbmw said:

I know of Phil O’Reilly’s famous Cirrus blue M635csi in Wellington. An almost complete restoration car, and possibly one of the finest examples in NZ. Is that the blue car you talk of? Delphin was a dark metallic grey.  The Zinnober red example is an amazing  example too. Full m tech body kit, with style 5 wheels. Black leather. One of the finest examples in NZ too... stunning car in that colour. There was a ex UK green one example too that lived in Wellington. Sold to a guy in Huntly, about 6 years ago. Now in Melbourne - where a dealer has been trying to offload it between $60-$100k for the last year. Hasn’t sold. 

Yes its is Phils car, sorry, got the colours mixed up

On 10/26/2018 at 4:06 PM, PJB said:

Hi a number of you may have seen this car for sale a couple of months back. It's been pretty much out of sight for some years but is known to a few people and once again is back on the road with me as its third owner.

#328 was NZ new and has just clocked up 116k km. If I have this right in 1991-ish the ACS wheels and body kit were fitted and the engine was given a healthy dose of Dinan "love and attention" upping its performance ... Mileage at that time was approx 80k km.

There is no evidence of repair or rust, it's very original and except for the OBC everything works. As I understand it the same guys (guru's) have serviced and looked after it all their lives, which I find particularly cool.

That said it's needed a little recommissioning , new tires have transformed it, leather rejuvenation has made it look like new inside along with a few bits and pieces. The biggest ticket item being a NOS AC radiator.

Next week it's booked in to spend sometime with a couple of the well known BMW guru's being dyno''d.

I'll let you know how it goes. Regards Julian

IMG_0754.JPG

IMG_0908.JPG

IMG_0900.JPG

Followed this on TM trying to figure how I could fit it in the garage (need a hoist lol). Glad it went to someone who appreciates it and looks great in white. Enjoy

Guido at BM Workshop City got it going, Ross Lamb at BM workshop has a few other things to do on it and thru him Gavin at Hivelocity for tuning. Once the works complete (which includes a good bit of new exhaust) it'll go back to Gavin I hope to tune accordingly.

• Like 1

Wow, those seats came up a treat. I remember seeing the photos on Trademe and wondering if they were too far gone ?

Lovely car ?

Yep, good thing was there was no rips or tears or saggy bits ....  just discolouration from being closed up in the dark, back-of-his-garage for so long. IMG_0907_(2).thumb.JPG.9c72d2ce9e58bc5ab69736f88d1f9876.JPG

• Like 2