Sign in to follow this  
FuManChu

E53d X5 pusher fan question

Hopefully not a dumbass question, but my 03 M57d powered X5 has a non functioning AC,cooling condenser fan. I'm looking to replace it, but have only found "petrol" fans that have a fractionally different oem part number , but look identical on the realoem diagram. Logic says, how different can it be? Any experience with this?

HI no expereience with these but you are correct using bmw fans 03 x5 E53 3.0d June the part number comes up as 64546921382. Using the info button it was only used on the M57 and M57n 3.0d. The petrol one had 64546921381 as a part number but was used in the M54 3.0, M62 4.4 N62 M62 4.6is  and N62 4.8is. Pelican parts has both listed as complete units only shroud, motor and fan cover around the $563 US mark. Would be using a meter and checking the circuit and other items as that looks like it could get expensive real quick.

I know the v8had the pwm control fan, am unsure on the diesel (can have a look at mine if need be) 

take no notice of what it looks like on the diagram, just a image they use for everything. plug the part number into google image search for more accurate pics

might just be the resistor pack if it has one. try bypassing it and turn the AC on.