Sign in to follow this  
Abhi

E60 M5

Hey guys

I am new on this forum, and a new owner of the beast aka e60 M5. Just wanting to seek some advice regarding its exhaust. The stock exhaust sounds great but i want to make it sound a bit more louder and exotic. What can I do? 

Thanks in advance

• Like 2

Welcome, I have the much more practical E61 M5 wagon. I think Brent @BM WORLD has an aftermarket exhaust for sale, try PMing him.

• Like 1

Delete the mufflers or get some straight through ones fitted.  Cost you up to a grand.

On 11/4/2018 at 12:55 PM, BozzaFC said:

Welcome! And what a cool car! I think we need pictures...

@BozzaFC -thanks mate. 

A84B161D-7BC2-4441-B802-5839D322CAF3.jpeg

54BD1C0D-6E4F-4CD5-8C38-3DA86D5C922C.jpeg

3DCABAE5-5EE3-4855-A3F2-A07B52FEEB4D.jpeg

E0FE8C01-050A-4419-8A08-2525217F7B11.jpeg

• Like 2

On 11/4/2018 at 1:42 PM, aja540i said:

Welcome, I have the much more practical E61 M5 wagon. I think Brent @BM WORLD has an aftermarket exhaust for sale, try PMing him.

@aja540i- shot bro, will do

3 hours ago, GorGasm said:

Delete the mufflers or get some straight through ones fitted.  Cost you up to a grand.

@GorGasm- Thats what I am  thinking to do bro. Pitstop has quoted 530 for taking out both the mufflers and running a straight pipe through and welding some crome tips. I am getting it done this week but I nervous, hope it sounds good

Do you think getting a muffler delete is a good idea or shall I buy a performance exhaust? 

7 hours ago, Abhi said:

@GorGasm- Thats what I am  thinking to do bro. Pitstop has quoted 530 for taking out both the mufflers and running a straight pipe through and welding some crome tips. I am getting it done this week but I nervous, hope it sounds good 

7 hours ago, Abhi said:

Do you think getting a muffler delete is a good idea or shall I buy a performance exhaust? 

Go with the muffler delete and work from there.  I got straight through mufflers fitted but I think no mufflers is probably better as the mufflers seem to have a bit of rasp and a bit of drone.

When I get mine back I am going to get the secondary cat's deleted to see how that goes.

"Performance" exhausts cost a few grand, which is about 10% of the value of the car, not worth it in my books.

11 hours ago, dr_kahu said:

Thumbs up for LCI. Been looking for one myself. ?

Thanks @dr_kahu I have been after a specific one for almost year and half. I wanted black ext with black int and silver carbon fibre trim. Active seat bolsters, LCI etc. They are hard to find but I am sure you’ll find one. 

14 hours ago, GorGasm said:

Go with the muffler delete and work from there.  I got straight through mufflers fitted but I think no mufflers is probably better as the mufflers seem to have a bit of rasp and a bit of drone.

When I get mine back I am going to get the secondary cat's deleted to see how that goes.

"Performance" exhausts cost a few grand, which is about 10% of the value of the car, not worth it in my books.

@GorGasm- I would definitely agree with you bro, I was looking at online forums in states and they have super sprint, Dinan or eisemann exahusts which cost around 3-4k US$$. In Nz I am not sure if they have these. The ones listed on trademe are like 7-10k which is not worth it at all. I went and got the mufflers deleted today. Trust me it sounds like a lambo after 4 thousand revs. It is very loud haha but I am not complaining and loud in sort of good way, doesn’t sounds like a cheap car with a big exhaust on it.

what happend to your car bro? 

Bring them all to our next coffee meet, 2nd December! ??‍♀️

• Like 2

Nice one.  Do you get much drone?  Mine is miss firing on a cylinder.  Suspect it's an injector fault but waiting to hear back.  Could be Keen on the 2nd December meeting up.

nice cars ,.

mufflers sold , but have  the bolt in centre section with the cats cut out if you want to try that .

IMG_1616.JPG

1 hour ago, GorGasm said:

Nice one.  Do you get much drone?  Mine is miss firing on a cylinder.  Suspect it's an injector fault but waiting to hear back.  Could be Keen on the 2nd December meeting up.

Only when its cold but otherwise not really. I’ve realised one thing after doing a muffler delete is - love it or hate it but you just can’t ignore it haha. Hope you get your car sorted bro. I am keen for the 2dec meet up. 

1 minute ago, BM WORLD said:

nice cars ,.

mufflers sold , but have  the bolt in centre section with the cats cut out if you want to try that .

IMG_1616.JPG

@BM WORLD- Thanks dude but I will leave it for now. I went and got the mufflers delted yesterday. Its really loud but , I love the sound it makes after 3-4 thousand revs. Sounds similar to a gallardo.

• Sad 1

I did a muffler delete on my 545i and sounded great on the motorway but the drone was horrific and actually made me feel ill :( Wacked the mufflers back on real quick!!!

So KEEP your stock exhaust...

Edited by TermiPeteNZ
  • Like 1