Sign in to follow this  
mtk540

Back after 8 years now with E70 X5 40d M/Sport

Thought I’d log back in after 8 years and see what’s happening and if any Chch members I knew pre quake are still active members. I remember some fun drive days out to Godley Head and to Timaru and meet ups at Pak n Save Moorhouse other places.

Had a ‘99 E39 540i (in Diamant Schwarz) when an active member. Sold that when it started costing too much to keep on the road.  Went back to a 2010 Outback to lug around kids sports stuff. That’s over now!

Now have a NZ new 2011 E70 X5 40d Motorsport LCI (read facelift) in Alpinweiss as my company car. That’s the twin turbo version of the in-line 6 cylinder diesel that puts out 302 bhp compared to the 30d that produces 240 bhp.  Love the smooth ride and the power. Fuel economy is 10.5 l/100 (27mpg), a lot better than the 540!  Never owned a diesel before so it was hard getting used to the noise. Previous owner was my business partner who upgraded to the F15 X5M 50d.

Will replace profile pic when clean and the sun is out.

Mike

Edited by mtk540
  • Like 3

welcome back!