Abhi

E60 M5

Hey guys

I have owned the e60 m5 for a couple of months now. I have a couple of questions-

1) I want to get it serviced. Its has done 71,500 Ks.  Any recommendations where is the best place to get a service done in Auckland? Also does it needs just an oil/filter change or any other service as well. 

2) Economy- i know that v10 is a thirsty engine but any recommendations on how to get a better gas milege. I am averaging 4.5 - 5.0 km/litre.

3) Do you downshift when coming to a complete stop(as the car downshifts itself) 

Thanks in advance

Edited by Abhi

I take mine to BM Workshop.  They are reasonable, but rather busy.  Probably about 600 for a service as it takes 9L of fairy princess oil.

Fuel economy is terrible.  I get 5.0km/l if I use it on my daily commute from Ranui to CBD.  On the open road it gets to about 7.2 which I can live with.  Sadly my 535i uses literally half the amount of fuel.

Downshifting I think it's optimal to just let the trans downshift itself when coming to a stop. 

Cheers,

LR

Edited by GorGasm
  • Thanks 1

Mine gets about 18.5 L/100k, i take it to BMW for servicing but expect to spend a bit with them. I only down shift if i am using manual mode, if it's in D i let it do the work.

• Thanks 1

I'm sorry i can't help, but holy sh*t that economy is terrible! 20+l/100km! 🤣

11 hours ago, GorGasm said:

I take mine to BM Workshop.  They are reasonable, but rather busy.  Probably about 600 for a service as it takes 9L of fairy princess oil.

Fuel economy is terrible.  I get 5.0km/l if I use it on my daily commute from Ranui to CBD.  On the open road it gets to about 7.2 which I can live with.  Sadly my 535i uses literally half the amount of fuel.

Downshifting I think it's optimal to just let the trans downshift itself when coming to a stop. 

Cheers,

LR

@GorGasm- which bmworkshop bro? Greylyn or botany? I live out west too, I am in te atatu south.

Can i join the club? 19.1L/100km on my crawl home from work. 

Yes its a tiny commute, no i dont usually use this car for it. 

260DABC5-B83A-4194-B68B-F9F6B7E343A1.jpeg

12 hours ago, Abhi said:

@GorGasm- which bmworkshop bro? Greylyn or botany? I live out west too, I am in te atatu south.

Grey Lynn.  I drop it in and catch the train home.  They are pretty good there, just busy, which can mean the service is a little rushed or impersonal some times.   

Still better than the plastic fantastic that is Auckland City BMW.  Urgh.

Edit: got my car back, it was just a coil in the end.  I must have mixed up my cylinder numbers when swapping over to test.  Oh well, fixed now.

Edited by GorGasm

15 hours ago, KwS said:

I'm sorry i can't help, but holy sh*t that economy is terrible! 20+l/100km! 🤣

Yep, it'll hit 25 in a real crawl.  Even my old E55 was better I think.  It's a shame as technology really took off in the following years with DI, stop start and deactivation to allow for decent fuel economy out the high performance engines.

I'm looking at the new 4.0 TT Audi S6 which has 9.6l/100 combined :o.