Sign in to follow this  
kiwinelson9879

E28 For sale

Hi,

Is anyone interested in buying my e28... Im moving into an apartment and I just dont have the space anymore for a spare car. Its mint, No rust, I am replacing the sunroof with a new one Ex germany, just had the front resprayed as it was clear faded. the 17 inch style 5's are in good nic, could used a prepsol polish, it has a good modern stereo with sub and amp in the boot. Car has Aircond, but needs regas

Hoping for around $7,000?

***Alternatively if someone wants to give me a price to swap a M5X or S5X motor and box in I would look at keeping it, just sick of the constant niggles with the m20, i have a young kid and another on the way so no time anymore.

E28.jpg

E28a.jpg

E28b.jpg

E28c.jpg

• Like 7

Nice E28!

Curious as to what niggles you've had with the M20 (feel free to PM if you like), I've had no real issues with mine and just did 1000KM of the gumboot rally and it was flawless.

(Also are you "whereisnelson" on trademe?)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you were (or could get the car to and from) Invercargill, I'd definitely be keen to help out with your engine swap for next to f**k all cost (beer is still reasonably cheap ???). Take a few days (me taking my time lol) but I can do it, got all the tools here good to go.

• Like 1

Very nice, mines same color but not in that condition to much time in a messy garage, although stupidly i took off front bumper and it got taken as scrap :(

You could always consider an late model m30 swap, very simple to do, but then again a 350 v8 small block drops right in, used to be one in wellington.

Like everything its about how much you want to spend vs upgrade. As more power you want the more you will need to spend so the car can actually still handle.

Edited by User Name

On 11/15/2018 at 7:11 PM, User Name said:

Very nice, mines same color but not in that condition to much time in a messy garage, although stupidly i took off front bumper and it got taken as scrap :(

You could always consider an late model m30 swap, very simple to do, but then again a 350 v8 small block drops right in, used to be one in wellington.

Like everything its about how much you want to spend vs upgrade. As more power you want the more you will need to spend so the car can actually still handle.

Do you have an idea on the 350 swap? as im tempted... not to make it a race car, but put a lumpy cam in it and make it my hotrod... All these boomers crave 65 mustangs and 69 camaro's, i actually love my e28, and would like to make it a drivable hotrod, id take it to beach hop and shine it up to within an inch of its life 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kiwinelson9879 said:

Yes I still have it :)

Are you open to offers? Ice been thinking of a  e28 for a while and could use it in my wedding too..

Edited by mattsimis

11 hours ago, kiwinelson9879 said:

Do you have an idea on the 350 swap? as im tempted... not to make it a race car, but put a lumpy cam in it and make it my hotrod... All these boomers crave 65 mustangs and 69 camaro's, i actually love my e28, and would like to make it a drivable hotrod, id take it to beach hop and shine it up to within an inch of its life 

I'd actually be more tempted to keep it in the family with a 3.5l or 4l V8 Beamer swap lol...... won't be that hard to do if you get a cheap donor car. If you still wanna go the M50/52 swap I can sort out a motor, box, looms, DME etc for you for a decent price for a kit, engine and gearbox mounts may have to be custom made etc. but should be able to throw you mostly everything.

And again, the offer is there if you're willing to be patient - I'd be happy to actually do a motor swap for you. Set out what you want to achieve, sort a motor, box etc and physically do the work ?

13 hours ago, kiwinelson9879 said:

Don't think you'd be too welcome at beach hop in a BMW. 

I put one of my yank cars in Cruise Martinborough the past weekend, and although the eligibility criteria is more relaxed than beach hop, apart from a few pommy Fords, there was only one Euro entered... VW Karman Ghia.

M60 will go just as good as an LS1, and it's not like no ones has ever dropped a chev into one of these. 

5 hours ago, coop said:

Don't think you'd be too welcome at beach hop in a BMW. 

I put one of my yank cars in Cruise Martinborough the past weekend, and although the eligibility criteria is more relaxed than beach hop, apart from a few pommy Fords, there was only one Euro entered... VW Karman Ghia.

M60 will go just as good as an LS1, and it's not like no ones has ever dropped a chev into one of these. 

haha id have to agree, i had the rust bucket there year before last and the locals hated it with a passion, like I'm married to a local and it was still hated. Got more likes and attention from the other 50,000 non locals, so that was plus.

On the M60 side, I'm busy with an E32 swap. I've found that its almost a direct bolt in, minus the braking system and drive shafts etc - ill be updating my project log soon.