Sign in to follow this  
qube

The E46 M3 you want to buy for 36K

if i didn't have a garage / Laundry & workshop expansion renno project, a baby number 2 on the go.....

lovely example, GLWS

Carbon Black with red leather is a great colour combo, but yeah Tom's modded E46 M3 would be a more "fun" car to own and drive.

If it wasn't for the yellow exterior colour I would have been seriously interested in Tom's car. Not sure I can live with Pheonix Yellow even on a weekend car.

• Like 1

The front wheels/tyres look stupid on that blue one, way too wide.

Tom's is a difficult proposition because it's so far from original. It's the correct car for the person that wants to heavily modify an M3 but of little appeal to everybody else unfortunately.

The black one (https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-1833187514.htm) does look nice and low km's however being a UK import I'd need to check the entire underbody. $36k is top money for one of these IMHO so it would need to be essentially perfect. Note that subframe not done, no mention of VANOS work, it's an '05 so rod bearings may not be a problem but even without you're looking at another $2k min for the other stuff.

Edited by M3AN
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Carbon Black with red leather is a great colour combo, but yeah Tom's modded E46 M3 would be a more "fun" car to own and drive.

If it wasn't for the yellow exterior colour I would have been seriously interested in Tom's car. Not sure I can live with Pheonix Yellow even on a weekend car.

100% with you.  Hence my comments on that other listing.  Could be worth repainting it though.  You must have access to all the original colors from the factory?

I love Blue BMW's but I would take the Black one over the Blue one here.  Thanks qube for making me look at cars again...

The UK imports cop a lot of flack for rust and corrosion.  But they are starting to be picked up by true enthusiasts now.  Which means they are being cleaned up.  I have seen a few advertised (whilst asking a premium) that have underneath pics to prove they have no corrosion.  Summer cars.  Same thing is happening here.

• Like 1

Now is the real last chance to buy an E46 M3 imo. (a decent one I mean)

Last year there were heaps of E36 M3's now there is 1 or 2 rubbish ones for sale.

By contrast there are heeeeaps of E9x M3's for sale and lots of decent ones too for very fair price. 

This will also change in a couple of years when the majority have hit 150-200kms (like some have already) and the lower mileage ones demand a premium again.

• Like 1

I park near the blue on from time to time. Looks and sounds nice. Tyres are stretched a bit.

Pitty the black in wasn’t SMG. Otherwise would take a closer look. Wouldn’t go back to manual now.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2018 at 11:58 PM, 330itis said:

Who purchased this car? Does anyone know?

I purchased it.  ??

39 minutes ago, The_Edge said:

I purchased it.  ??

The Black or Blue one?

57 minutes ago, M3AN said:

The Black or Blue one?

The Black one. That's the one I took to Bellars Motor Works under good advisement. They were awesome!

• Like 2

Nice one, I hadn't made the connection lol.