Sign in to follow this  
hunter

Passenger side high

I've just had my oem msport springs put back in my e46, replacing my h&r springs and the passenger side is sitting higher than driver side. Shop reckons it's ok from an install pov that its level and well aligned.

The car drives really nice(prefer the feel of oem spring) but looks odd. Any other e46 owners, mechanics etc out there seen this before? 

Car hasn't had this issue before when springs where in there previously and has koni yellow shocks so is not likely a bung shock issue. 

Cheers

Ben 

I have an E36 that is like that, I measured the spring when they are off, it is the same length, and the strut mount and stuff is all the same height, I think it is just the spring is tired. It happens quite often in NZ because of, parking and driving on the highly cambered road, and always drive the car with a unbalanced load will slightly decrease the spring rate on one side (the fatigue of metal). on BMWs, because the first a few coils of the spring is very soft, this can be quite noticeable in ride height. I found it very frustrating, especially when cornering as the limit left and right turn will be very different. 

Edited by Syy0628

Most e36/46 are like that. The 36 is worse but they were all on the piss even new

Its approx 20 - 25 mm out. Little but noticeable once  seen I cant unsee it.  

So frustrating. 

Both of mine do this and I've replaced the suspension on both. I'm not sure I've ever seen an e36 that sits flat actually!