Sign in to follow this  
OP6

E30 M3 valve shims wanted

I need 3,  4.05mm E30 M3 valve shims to complete the valve adjustment after getting the cams reground by Kelford Kams.  I would also be interested in certain other sizes too, to replace what I have used.

Not sure if I've got any that thick, I will have a look through what I have got spare and let you know.

IIRC you had to order a whole "kit" the last time I looked at buying some specific sizes, so I ended up swapping some with a dealership.

The dealership wanted me to buy the whole kit at a price that was eye watering! and on back order. I have found a mob in the USA that may have what I am after,( www.ipdusa.com/products/11641/100161-valve-shim-4-05mm), but their communication is woeful. I could try swapping some with the dealership, I had not thought of that.

Happy to pay for immediate availability though. 

Cheers

As I thought, I haven't got any that thick. 3.90 is the fattest I've got sorry.

Hey Jon, many thanks for having a look, greatly appreciated.

The service guys at CHCH BMW might have a set, try and speak to them see if you can swap a few over?

I have seen them on USA eBay, as singles, quite small so Air Freight could still be reasonable?

I have just done the clearances on my E36, which i believe uses the same part numbers as an E30.  Coombes Johnson in Hamilton was happy to supply singles, the sizes i needed were all EX Germany (3 weeks) @ $40 a piece.

I ended up sourcing them online at $13US a piece + shipping. if you have the part numbers they are easy enough to find through any of the usual places. if you want any pointers send me a message.

unfortunately none of the shims swapped out were that thick either.

• Thanks 1

Tried CHC BMW, they can order them in but not avail ex Germany till the New Year. Have some ordered with Pelican Parts at USD13+ each and they suggest they will be shipping at the end of the month, once the stock has arrived into their store, however I suspect (and hopefully I am wrong) they are expecting to be able to source from BMW Germany. Pelican Parts also have 4.05mm shims in stock from Volvo which I suspect are the same as the BMW ones, so have ordered some of those too. One way or another I will find some.

• Like 1