Sign in to follow this  
nzodea

a 4 door M3 CS for sale now

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1849177923

so the two door M4 sold for $135K? at auction and was listed for 179K now down to 159K.

But of you want four doors, here's the M3 for 199K

• Like 1

"No time ticker only genuine buyer." ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Main feature- ceramic brakes $14000 option

??????

AKA: this entirely unnecessary "enhancement" will cost you $14k every 40,000 kms (or even less perhaps?).

Who really wants a 4 door M3 anyway?

5 minutes ago, M3AN said:

"Main feature- ceramic brakes $14000 option

??????

AKA: this entirely unnecessary "enhancement" will cost you $14k every 40,000 kms (or even less perhaps?).

They sure do look cool though. 

6 minutes ago, M3AN said:

Can't say I disagree about ceramics on a road car but I personally would much prefer a sedan (or even better a touring...hint hint BMW) for my practical but fast everyday car 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NZ BMW said:

They sure do look cool though. 

I agree but I don't think they look unique, too much AMG for me. 

7 minutes ago, balancerider said:

Can't say I disagree about ceramics on a road car but I personally would much prefer a sedan (or even better a touring...hint hint BMW) for my practical but fast everyday car 

I hear you on the practicality side but that's what the M5 should be for, there are no real 4 door M3's in my mind, the E36 version should have been the end of that failed experiment.

The M3 is a coupe. And I mean a coupe, which is not a 4 door sedan (ah-hem 6 series). ?

11 hours ago, balancerider said:

same here - four door over 2 all the time for me if there is an option. Wagon over four door if there is an option. But none of those 4 door coupe "hatchbacks" sorry. Not my cuppa

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, M3AN said:

I hear you on the practicality side but that's what the M5 should be for, there are no real 4 door M3's in my mind, the E36 version should have been the end of that failed experiment.

The M3 is a coupe. And I mean a coupe, which is not a 4 door sedan (ah-hem 6 series). ?

Come on, keep up. The M3 hasn't been a coupe for a whole generation now (F80 production has now ended), and the M4 is obviously the coupe as it's based off the 4-Series which has 2-doors, except the 4 GC, which has 4-doors, but is a coupe. Erm, ok,  maybe that's not quite as clear as first thought..:wacko:

Interestingly (maybe, or probably not if you're not interested in these things), the M3 - the four door, has proved to be a much better seller than the M4 - the 2 door one, in general for New Zealand by quite a long way. IMHO it's better looking especially from the rear, definately more practical and surprisingly feels better balanced when being pushed hard. For those reasons, amongst others, many people have chosen the M3 over the M4.

Strange that this car has come up for sale so quickly after being delivered, I got the impression the buyer liked to buy cars very regularly but they probably waited longer for it to arrive than they have owned it!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, nzodea said:

But none of those 4 door coupe "hatchbacks" sorry.

The 4 series Gran Coupe is substantially better looking than the 3 series Gran Turismo version. Praise the lord that BMW have dumped that particular iteration for the next gen 3 series.

images.jpg

1 hour ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Come on, keep up. The M3 hasn't been a coupe for a whole generation now (F80 production has now ended), and the M4 is obviously the coupe as it's based off the 4-Series which has 2-doors, except the 4 GC, which has 4-doors, but is a coupe. Erm, ok,  maybe that's not quite as clear as first thought..:wacko:

Yeah, I know, I'm just a traditionalist... BMW's M division 'broke' in about 2005 in my view when they succumbed to the 'raw horsepower' movement. I'm sure it was inevitable, doesn't mean I like it.

My comments are a little bit tongue-in-cheek and a little bit nostalgic. Probably a reflection of why I own a 20 year old M when I could afford to own a new one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, balancerider said:

The 4 series Gran Coupe is substantially better looking than the 3 series Gran Turismo version. Praise the lord that BMW have dumped that particular iteration for the next gen 3 series.

That they have, there will be no 3 series GT

3 hours ago, M3AN said:

Yeah, I know, I'm just a traditionalist... BMW's M division 'broke' in about 2005 in my view when they succumbed to the 'raw horsepower' movement. I'm sure it was inevitable, doesn't mean I like it.

My comments are a little bit tongue-in-cheek and a little bit nostalgic. Probably a reflection of why I own a 20 year old M when I could afford to own a new one.

What gets me is the race cars have a lot of four doors. So traditional road performance was 2 door , but the E36 STW, and all following WTCC and ETCC beasts. Only with GT3 and Now GT4 have they gone to 2 doors.   In my mind the E46  and E36 GTR  did it for me in the two doors. "need more flared guards"

2001-ptg-bmw-e46-m3-gtr-007.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nzodea said:

...In my mind the E46  and E36 GTR  did it for me in the two doors. "need more flared guards"

True that. Part of the reason I think the E46 M3 shape is iconic and the E36 equivalent lacks a lot. Sadly.

Sounds like it's all getting a bit George Orwell's Animal Farm in here - "Two Doors Good! Four Doors Bad!"

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Sounds like it's all getting a bit George Orwell's Animal Farm in here - "Two Doors Good! Four Doors Bad!"

All M cars are equal, but some M cars are more equal than others?

Edited by eliongater
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/25/2018 at 10:02 PM, balancerider said:

so, balancerider, you must mean THIS then............

M3T-cliov6.jpg

• Like 1

Yep -  that'd do nicely. A factory supported one would be even better. Surely they've seen Audi and Mercedes sell enough RS4/C63 wagons to take a chance on the touring body.

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top
Quoting previous post

The RS4 and AMG C63 wagon do sell reasonably well here in NZ, but I don't think this is the case in the rest of the world, especially in some of the bigger markets. So the overall market potential is possibly not great enough to persuade the bean counters to go for it. Personally wish they would, but the NZ market is a tiny drop in the ocean, even for RHD models so can't influence that decision.

Lots more variety coming in the next generation, but i can't see a wagon on the horizon.

Back to the OP, and it's gone, wonder if it sold..? and if so, what for, was listed at $199,900 last time I looked.

10 hours ago, Allanw said:

Fast people movers is where it at, now, anyway. :thumbs-up:

Like this?

I'll stick to my M5 wagon thanks!!

• Haha 1

Personally I would call that an SUV, or SAV (Sports Activity Vehicle) in BMW-speak, which is VERY different to a people mover. A people mover is more a Toyota Estima type van thingy, to me anyways. Can't see the point in making those things go any faster, maybe for when the Bretheren are late for church?

Performance SUVs seem to be very popular at the moment, but if you really want performance why would you try and get it out of a big, heavy, high-up vehicle? Sports wagons are a much better compromise between practicality and performance and handle much, much better.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

A people mover is more a Toyota Estima type van thingy, to me anyways. Can't see the point in making those things go any faster, maybe for when the Bretheren are late for church?

Like the Mercedes R63?
Actually a very capable vehicle that drives well, but probably a little ahead of it's time. The performance people-mover market is in it's infancy, but I'm sure it'll come.

my boss has a trackhawk , cool vehicle.