Sign in to follow this  
Yottahertz

Diesel on the road = a bad day

So I was driving to work today and after leaving the petrol station going around a roundabout, I noticed a car in front of me spin out I quickly slowed down and before I knew it I felt my car slide straight into the curb causing this to my wheels (rear was curbed already when I got the car) and tyres

20181125_175815.thumb.jpg.9bdc97fc6b714a4140c2d5e5738aac14.jpg20181125_175808.thumb.jpg.1c7c05e942d6e2e87cd217becd34ebdf.jpg

I immediately thought of a bunch of expensive repairs but thankfully it was only minor wheel damage and I'll probably need new tyres. 

Just a reminder to everyone, be aware and alert. 

Likely scenario was a truck refuelled and didn't put their cap back on and some diesel poured out as they went around the roundabout... The council was quick to remedy the issue of a diesel spill and I'm glad I was there to warn other drivers. 

Edited by Yottahertz
  • Sad 1

Ouch! You may need to get another wheel alignment, too. Out and about today and using the Tauranga Eastern Link, the Te Puke bypass is engineered OK but the Papamoa section is shithouse, standing water all over the show. Happens whenever it rains, it is real aquaplane type stuff.

PS should have given it the jandal and grabbed a bit of oppo :lol:

32 minutes ago, Young Thrash Driver said:

Ouch! You may need to get another wheel alignment, too. Out and about today and using the Tauranga Eastern Link, the Te Puke bypass is engineered OK but the Papamoa section is shithouse, standing water all over the show. Happens whenever it rains, it is real aquaplane type stuff.

PS should have given it the jandal and grabbed a bit of oppo :lol:

Wheel alignment seems to be okay but I'll see what the shop says when I take it in for new tyres tomorrow, this was by The Crossing in Tauriko 

Does insurance cover this kind of stuff? Might be worth just asking to get the tyres, wheels and anything else that might have been caused sorted for the cost of the excess. 

My tyre guy said they're fine to drive on until my new rims arrive (importing some genuine style 269's) it's not major sidewall damage but said not to exceed 120km/h... I'll probably still claim it on insurance so I still have my style 32's and a couple of new tyres.