Sign in to follow this  
Longi

Low mileage E39 M5

Hi there

New on this board and looking for a low mileage E39 M5. If you know of one (other than the ones listed on TradeMe) please PM me.

Many thanks
Davo

Pics of the Porches or it didn't happen! ;)

A nice M5 would complement that lot nicely, good luck with the search as I think the really good ones are few and far between these days.

• Like 1

Seems everyone wants an M5 these days, and not a crashed re-registered one.

• Haha 3

I see this board is well informed.

Does anyone have further information about the M5 that was off the road for a while? And about the one that’s for sale in south Auckland?

And yes, these are quite special, 20 years on.

Not many cars to choose from so getting one in decent condition would be the key over mileage 

Registered NZ cars totals 51

1999 - 15

2000 - 10

2001 - 12

2002 - 9

2003 - 5

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

depends how deep your pockets are , there are only 3 left in NZ ( out of the low score of NZ new registered cars ) with mileage under 100,000kms . I know where all 3 live & two owners are welded into them , the other is the car on line now .

Your absolute best bet is to consider the LeMans car in Invergiggles . Very good car & I know there have been many on here bagging that car . I used to own one the best E39's in the country ( low mileage car etc etc ) & after i bought it I later found out that it had a whack in the rear 1/4 early on in its life - who cares ! The car was mint & what second hand car hasn't had paint , panel work sometime in its life . 

If you're looking to buy to keep & not run down the slippery slope of the speculator market ( you know what I'm talking about - you own a couple Porsches ! ) then buy the 03 Le mans car & keep it . I've seen that car close up & honestly who ever did the repair needs a gold medal - you'd never know .

Reckon we'll look at that particular M5 in 5 years time & think , gee $35K wasn't bad at all & who cares about the history after all , as there will be no decent examples left & if there are , then they'll be drug money . 

I think you've missed the boat already mate . 

Edited by dedoo7
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What Andrew said, it is a fabulous car. I missed buying it 2 years ago by one day and couldn't give a hoot about the history. The repairs were BMW certified. Here's a deal, you buy my silver 2002 car and i'll head down south and buy the blue one -:)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gaz said:

Not much help sorry but customer of mine just sold his NZ 2001 with 55km for 50k to a bloke in Invercargill. If I knew he was selling it then would have made contact

the owner of the lemans blue one was talking about buying a black nz new one. is that the same one/same guy?

edit: found it

123.png

1234.png

Edited by qube

Yea I'd say thats it. Full dealer history etc very nice car, I'm looking at it at the moment

When I was living in Singapore- 5-6 years ago I read an article in either BMW car or the now defunct Total BMW car mag about another Kiwi who I believe was a banker who mentioned that he had bought a E92 M3 in Singa’s but also had a very low k example of a E39 M5 in storage in NZ... 

Much to my chagrin, I could never contact him...

Does that car ring a bell to anyone here?

5 hours ago, ssbmw said:

When I was living in Singapore- 5-6 years ago I read an article in either BMW car or the now defunct Total BMW car mag about another Kiwi who I believe was a banker who mentioned that he had bought a E92 M3 in Singa’s but also had a very low k example of a E39 M5 in storage in NZ... 

Much to my chagrin, I could never contact him...

Does that car ring a bell to anyone here?

Yeah I think that was on Trade Me a few months back?

Could be, but I think the one on trademe had relatively hefty k’s - could be wrong but I think the mileage mentioned back then by the guy in the article was around 30,000.