BozzaFC

Jane - My Green German Girlfriend

146,800 kms

A couple weeks ago on my drive home from work I hit 10,000 kms in Jane, and what an enjoyable 10,000 kms they’ve been. 

Last night I was driving home from work at 3.30am. In my daily commute, I blasted down the motorway from Petone into Wellington city; climbed up the twisty hill to Kelburn, ‘She Talks to Angels’ playing in the background, air con keeping me cool on this hot Wellington night; got to the turn off to my flat, decided screw it and just kept driving. Ended up at Makara Beach at about 4am. Just my car and me. Literally no where else I would have rather been. 

My first 10,000 kms, in review. 

633ACAF0-F506-4860-BDCF-C779E38768FC.jpeg

Edited by BozzaFC
Grammatical error
  • Like 3

Im certain you still enjoy it much more once you refresh the suspension and get some good rubber on. 

I did about 10,000km also when i first bought it for a daily driver into the city, it was fine for that as it was all slow placed. Once i changed job and started a long commute with a good twisty section of road near the end, i had to either sell it or refresh the suspension felt like driving a truck. Granted yours probably isn't as bad as my 230,000 old parts at the time but its one of those things you never regret doing.   

• Like 2

Thanks Eagle, I agree. It’s something I will definitely be doing this year. I am considering doing the vanos first though. When she’s been sitting for a day or so, the cold idle for the first 30-60 seconds is slightly rougher than when she’s warm. From the reading I’ve done online, it sounds like a vanos refresh could remedy this. If not, it’s still a sensible item to tick off that will probably be rooted anyway  

@Olaf took mine for a spin earlier this month. I think his words were something along the lines of ‘it certainly is tired, and would benefit from refreshing, but it certainly isn’t f**ked either, yet.’  

• Haha 1

Yeah Vanos seals are probably the best $150 ive ever spent on a BMW to date and you'd probably benefit esp with that shorter diff ratio. Lots of things could cause rough cold idle on these - vacuum leaks and followed by the CCV system being the most common.

147,800 kms

Got the windows tinted earlier this week at Tint Magic Whanganui. $320 and really pleased with the result. Good colour and a quality job done on the E39, which is notoriously hard to do well.  

Would recommend them for anyone in the area 😁

F82915A5-0D3A-4176-9C6C-44E30A504363.jpeg

• Like 1