Sign in to follow this  
westnz

wtb: E85 Z4 angel eyes installation

Hi,

I have an E85 Z4 with xenon lights.

I've been having troubles with my low beams on one side of the car - replaced bulb, replaced igniter and neither fixed the issue.

Tried the igniter and bulb from the working side and that didn't work either (when put back in its original side it worked again).

Even after taking to a euro mechanic he wasn't completely sure either even after taking bumper off. He said controller might need replacing as well.

So I'm thinking of using this opportunity to get some rgb angel eyes installed instead of spending more time and money trying to fix the current system.

There is a few things I want to know first:

a) will any problems be carried over to the new system/does an angel eyes system use the same controller?

b) will the light switch in the car control the angel eyes or will I have to use the remote or app?

also from my understanding the z4 lights need to be cut open to put in the eyes then re-sealed. I am ok with that as the cut is not visible when the headlight packages are back in their place.

So yeah, I want to buy the angel eyes so I am interested to hear prices for that (and prices for non-rgb lights as well) but I am mostly interested in knowing the installation price as I can source the rgb angel eyes myself possibly.

Thanks.