Sign in to follow this  
treone

2003 E39 525i Touring $OLD

I purchased this on a bit of an impulse a few months ago (couldn't resist an E39 Touring!).

Year: 2003 Kms: 180km

Colour is silver, with black leather interior, wood trim, grey headlining and genuine BMW 16" alloys. Body  and interior is in good condition that's in keeping with age and kms. Hey it is 15 years old so not everything will be perfect ?

WoF expires Oct 2019, rego expires Dec 2019.

It has an aftermarket Sony single DIN headunit however steering wheel controls no longer work.

Cruise control isn't working - I suspect wiring was butchered when stereo was installed.

Bad dash pixels and broken front cup holders - common on the E39.

Has oil leaks - diagnosed by Auto 38 coming from rocker cover, inlet cam sensor O ring and sump gasket. 

Replaced all 6 spark plugs and one coil due to a misfire - thanks to Jon at Auto38!

PRICE DROP due to leak - $1,800 firm for a stock standard e39 touring! Cheers!630394770_2003525iTOURING(FRJ603)4.thumb.jpg.2fd4872f663284634e3538b182363edd.jpg1468434152_2003525iTOURING(FRJ603)5.thumb.jpg.0c0ff7dd2e16a3fab39820e1cdf25ef2.jpg581306414_2003525iTOURING(FRJ603)6.thumb.jpg.264170a2836e7f087d3ab80601dacd9e.jpg234172266_2003525iTOURING(FRJ603)9.thumb.jpg.ac294322c844c1064e9b1926120740e7.jpg1753198004_2003525iTOURING(FRJ603)12.thumb.jpg.89e2780964653f4fcff2038a5008567a.jpg2046353389_2003525iTOURING(FRJ603)67jpg.thumb.jpg.f28a8e9305f27f52f7ad1a2fae45d1c9.jpg

Edited by treone
Price edit!
  • Like 1

Looks a decent deal and given that these cars are so cheap you start really loosing $ if you want to.

What does it ride like? Ive been in many around the 200k mark with what i suspect were bad subframe bushings, very hard riding.

Hope they haven't mutilated the wiring too badly given you have factory nav. Can't stand those single din units in E39's, so unbefitting. 

Cheers @Eagle

I bought this sight unseen and was pleasantly surprised by the overall cosmetic condition - and yes, the aftermarket stereo runs the interior aesthetic imo.

What does it ride like? Driven about 1,000kms so far and I've been quite impressed the way this actually drives. Although its won't break any land speed records it rides quite smooth. It is not as tight as the 525i Msport I had a while ago but I was after practicality. I'm calling it my grandpa wagon - in both looks and 'driveability' haha.

E39's are 'cheap as chips' now so yeah, I think its a good deal for a touring.  

• Like 1

Thanks @SmithyInWelly!

Unfortunately it has developed an oil leak ?! Now I know its a real BMW haha

Therefore - price drop - $2,200 ono. Still a good wagon for that ?!

Will probably still use it up to Xmas - then park it up as I will be heading away.

Edited by treone
  • Like 2

Bump! Have my eye on something else but need this gone first ?

• Like 1

@eliongater - ideal occasional parts hauler and necessary A-framer for Landy.  You know it makes sense!

2 hours ago, Olaf said:

@eliongater - ideal occasional parts hauler and necessary A-framer for Landy.  You know it makes sense!

What a great idea! ?

@eliongater you know it makes sense haha

Update

Have had oil leaks diagnosed today (17 January 2018) by Auto 38 (thanks @Jono51) who has determined they are coming from rocker cover, inlet cam sensor O ring and sump gasket. 

They also replaced all 6 spark plugs and one coil due to a misfire. 

$2k ono - very open to offers close to $2k but no low ball offers please.

Note that I will be away for the long weekend but will be available for viewing from Tues/Wed next week. Am contactable though.

Cheers!

Edited by treone
  • Like 1

Saw it yesterday, looks tidy in the flesh.  Bag yourself a bargain!

• Thanks 1

Bump...

OK need this gone as I've been told to get a Mazda!

I would like more but price is now $1,800 firm. PM for contact details.

Cheers!

Edited by treone

22 minutes ago, SmithyInWelly said:

A V10 Mazda?... 

I wish! Unfortunately looking for something a bit more reliable (re: sensible) than a BMW as a daily haha

Edited by treone

I'd take it, but I've been told in no uncertain terms a fifth car is not an option.  I'm fairly certain that even if someone bought my 855-T5, a forth would not be a go.  Which is sad, as in my opinion, this is a good opportunity.

crazy deal. would sell quick if it was on trademe, but no one wants to pay so much for a listing. try listing it on other sites and or facebook?

Someone should buy this and chuck in a S54 manual set up - that would be cool - If i had the space and not so many projects i would be all over this. GLWS

• Like 2

Thanks @Olaf and @qube!

I have thought about listing on TM as a $1 reserve but not sure I have the kahunas haha!

I can honestly say that I've never had a FB profile and have never logged in so FB's not an option for me lol! 

@francoisv - when I first got it I did think a manual conversion would be cool but a full S54 manual set up would be epic! A prefect canvas for a project ?

For transparency I have been contacted by an interested party so I'm going to put a 'sale pending' sign up...

• Like 3

Sold! And even better to a fellow member ?

• Like 4

result.  looking forward to your next surprise! 

Cheers @BozzaFC and @Olaf

Next new/old car will probably be the aforementioned Mazda ? and the first of my list of keepers ?