Sign in to follow this  
adro

1990 E30 325i SE

4 minutes ago, Sammo said:

From memory, need to be within 0.5 of OEM camber spec for the car for cert.

Gotcha, thanks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 325iRod said:

Quick question, was this a requirement of the cert process? Guessing it was due to the car being lowered? 

Yes.  Not sure why that figure but that was the figure he gave me after doing his calculations. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Sammo said:

From memory, need to be within 0.5 of OEM camber spec for the car for cert.

Makes sense. E30 zone states OEM camber for E30 is -1.10 - 0.10. Certifier didn’t care for rear camber. 

• Like 1

I spoke to early for my cert! NZTA think they have tagged my car with their own vin number, but there is no sign of this tag on the car. Has anyone else had this before? I have the factory VIN plate which matches the stamped number under the windscreen, but no sign of the NZTA number, or any evidence of where it was once riveted to the vehicle. 

i put the mudguards back on but quickly decided that the scraping on the driveway is annoying and with the car being low it looks a lot cleaner with out them . 

Throw back to when I first bought it.

51956444947_490d5ec187_b.jpg

51929649283_cfba9ae34c_b.jpg AVP_3758

Edited by adro
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

@adro your ride height looks basically perfect, nice and even side to side?

Mine is almost 10mm lower on the driver side - after I put my 16's on I'll measure my hub to arch on four corners then add spring pads to raise a little / even out (have 3mm and 9mm front shims and some 6mm rear pads to try).

10 minutes ago, Sammo said:

@adro your ride height looks basically perfect, nice and even side to side?

Mine is almost 10mm lower on the driver side - after I put my 16's on I'll measure my hub to arch on four corners then add spring pads to raise a little / even out (have 3mm and 9mm front shims and some 6mm rear pads to try).

Hmmm think I might be higher on one side too. I’ll measure too. With 16’s maybe it’s just a bit more noticeable with less profile? 

this was my side profile on 16’s 

DSC_2804

• Like 1

On 2/27/2022 at 4:33 PM, adro said:

Spoke to soon. Can barely hold idle at cold start,  surging until it’s warm then once warm it idles fine. Guessing I still have a vac leak….no abs light today though 😝

FYI - I appear to have resolved my intermittent ABS light (although probably jinxed myself).

Removed and cleaned the sensors - still occurring, but I purchased a service / inspection reset tool and the light has gone and has not come back for a week and a half (was every other drive previously).

So hoping it was a stored fault code (not sure if E30's work like that) that the cleaning resolved but had to be reset.

Anyway, hoping it stays away.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sammo said:

FYI - I appear to have resolved my intermittent ABS light (although probably jinxed myself).

Removed and cleaned the sensors - still occurring, but I purchased a service / inspection reset tool and the light has gone and has not come back for a week and a half (was every other drive previously).

So hoping it was a stored fault code (not sure if E30's work like that) that the cleaning resolved but had to be reset.

Anyway, hoping it stays away.

Cool! Last long trip it didn’t come on, however my inspection light has been on for a while so no harm in clearing it. Thanks. 

• Like 1

Heard back from VTNZ today. NZTA have corrected the VIN number in their system. Now certification has been passed it’s time to go get a WOF. Not sure I should have had to pay the $100 re-vin charge in the end but not going to debate it now I have the desired result. Happy days. 

• Like 5

That's great news, NZTA can be painful to deal with. but it could have been much worse and drawn out.

• Like 2

126,xxx km

finally got a WOF!  Rego'd, Certed and WOF'd.....only took a few months 😅

_DSC5591

• Like 10

Signing off this thread, hopefully an owner carriers it on down the line. Sold the car back in July 2022. New owner drove it to Auckland and sent me some photos at the start of the year.

52968177511_e49bf07197_c.jpg 52968315404_8d53ed71b6_b.jpg

Edited by adro
  • Like 7