Sign in to follow this  
m325i

e60 M5

I watched this and thought that this is normal for a European car at over 100,000 miles with dubious service history. 

I struggle to believe that he bought that car without investigating the common issues or the costs to repair them beforehand, if its true then it was just stupid. I also can't comprehend why he decided it was a good idea to drive it to the mechanic in the state it was in, a towtruck would have cost less than the tank of gas.

23 minutes ago, aja540i said:

I struggle to believe that he bought that car without investigating the common issues or the costs to repair them beforehand, if its true then it was just stupid. I also can't comprehend why he decided it was a good idea to drive it to the mechanic in the state it was in, a towtruck would have cost less than the tank of gas.

it's all part of his schtick.  not to be taken seriously.

• Like 3

Besides, between Tyler and Doug, they have a cunning plan to talk down the values of all e60 M5s in the USA, pick em up for 2.5 cents in the dollar on their original buy price.  

Tyler will build a huge warehouse on some of that vacant land they have so much of down there, and slowly fix each one of them over the next ten years.  

Then, some time around 2030, they'll run articles praising this forgotten masterpiece of incredible power and grace, from a time before the GFC, before austerity and turbocharging, before we all went nutty and electric.  

They'll make their market, slowly selling each "discovery" off starting at around $125k, and increasing as each "barn find" comes to light, demand growing with the new legend.

They're shrewd, these southerners.  You should be too.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Olaf said:

it's all part of his schtick.  not to be taken seriously.

Yeah, i figured. It was still painful to watch.