Sign in to follow this  
SteveArmy90

Illegal to fit normal tyres after run-flat??

Had bridgestone swap mine here in CHCH to potenza re003. They were very specific that all four needed to be done at same time legally, as I initially just wanted to start with the two rear and leave the run flats on the front. 

But certainly no problem in swapping all out. Even with full bolt ons, tunes etc. the tyre replacement is BY FAR the best change to this car I have made. The difference is night and day. Maybe those run flats are ok on perfect sections of the autobahn, but round Christchurch streets they were so bad I almost thought something was wrong with the car. 

I brought a BMW pando kit for about $150 and have that in the boot encase I ever need it. 

Edited by blake12
  • Like 1

On 2/14/2019 at 12:17 PM, SteveArmy90 said:

Now another story, I'd run over a large piece of wood in the middle of the night (before the tyre fiasco) and had an alignment done at Beaurepaires Masterton to correct any wrong caused by the hit.

My front tyres subequent to that alignment were wearing on the outside like crazy and tramlining as well. I had driven it a max of 2000km after that alignment before buying tyres, so I decided to have another alignment done at Bridgestone.. Here's the sheet, 6 degrees of toe in the front!  Bridgestone only charged me a few packs of Chocolate bikkies for the second alignment. My kind of deal!

52348572_477280902802636_8947437585135828992_n.jpg.05a1a167382658ab278659d8529d097f.jpg

how come they've used e92 data for your 135i?  Overall rear toe is within spec, though they've set left rear toe out of spec.

Still, on the chocolate biscuit payment plan, you're in good order.

Edited by Olaf
chocolate biscuits