Sign in to follow this  
Driftit

E46 330d $1 reserve - There is a catch though

She is pretty neglected and over heating.

Could be a good project if you can pick it up cheap though.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-1900356425.htm?rsqid=e4a7f9c6a7bb44f6b50829b5beee110c

943815688.jpg

Edited by Driftit
  • Like 1

Real rough and very neglected for the k's. Would have to be dirt cheap as there's nothing even positive about it.

Agreed. The filthy engine bay, falling off trim and dents show a rather unloved car. Something looks off about the tires too, wrong width?

If you could get it for less than $2500 it wouldn't take much to clean her up.

Well from where I am.  Parts cost bugger all here.  Could build a refreshed motorsport from this for less than $1k.

Also I don't know anyone whom's only interest in cars is as a daily driver that cleans under the bonnet.

Edited by Driftit

Yeah different story in the states, no real shipping costs and cheaper parts. It will need a full suspension and cooling system refresh + all the and known and unknown issues you discover when you buy a older used car. I just don't see value in an overheated neglected diesel.

That's a real shame. I'd go look at it if it was closer to here but not worth the trouble otherwise.  

I do need an m57 in an e36

On 1/10/2019 at 12:21 AM, Eagle said:

Yeah different story in the states, no real shipping costs and cheaper parts. It will need a full suspension and cooling system refresh + all the and known and unknown issues you discover when you buy a older used car. I just don't see value in an overheated neglected diesel.

Even in NZ I would only order parts from the US.  Many of them have slashed their international shipping recently.

It's still only just over $300 at the moment.

Just received a fixed price offer from the seller for this at the winning bid price. The conspirator in me thinks of a "mate bidding up" gone wrong? Alternatively the winner could have also pulled out. Either way, I wouldn't be willing to spend $2k on this. 

• Like 1

Yea initially. Was sent a fixed priced offer today from the seller.

I'm stunned the seller didn't check 'authenticated members only'; of course, leaving it unchecked makes it easy for him to use a fake profile like samiam61 to shill bid.  Regardless, watching a bidder pushing up your auction where there's a risk of non-performance, is asking for trouble.  The only fair thing to do is offer at the highest bid before the bidding went nuts... unless you've engaged a shill.  

It seemed okay in risk; difficult to determine extent of damage from over the descriptions.  Worth a flutter at $2k?  Hard to say.  I wouldn't take it (got same offer) based on the seller's actions, looks a bit suspect to me.

• Like 1