Sign in to follow this  
BimmerShaun

ICOM rental

Does anyone have the BMW ICOM setup that I can rent for a fee? I have a CIC here that needs recovering and I'm trying to avoid spending 400 bucks for a one time job. 

I'm in Chch. 

If F series then you can get a cheap as chips ENET cable off ebay and also source ISTA. Will be enough for a recovery, have successfully done so myself when I bricked mine  :) 

That is of course if you have time to wait for the cable to arrive. 

I've got ALL the cables haha. I'd read that the cic is wired for Ethernet after a certain year and and it looks like mine is but I can't get it to connect. 

Did not have any issues connecting my F-series via Enet cable, successfully used both ISTA and E-sys for flashing. 

Yeah the whole car is Ethernet in the f-series. I've got every other program working. Flashed with winkfp and ista-p. Really should not have tried flashing the cic through k+dcan though lol

So I booked the car in for the blower connector recall in a couple of weeks and while I was there asked about fixing the cic. 

The tech said all they would do is connect it to ista-p and let it do it's thing. I've already done that and it won't touch it. He also said I couldn't "have" an ICOM unit. Weird ?.

Anyone out there with an ICOM????? Surely!!

Car is an e90 335d btw

Edited by BimmerShaun