Sign in to follow this  
bradgalbraith

It's very nice but is it $38k nice?..

Hahaha the Q&As were fairly entertaining.

I guess he should just make some canned responses, will need them for the months if no years of questions he will get :p 

It will probably get "Sold".  To a family member....

Edited by Driftit

I wonder if you do go and have a look if you'll drive up the driveway, see the car sitting there all nice and clean and then the owner will open the garage and go "ta-da!" and the second one is sitting there for you.

Two 3.0 M3's for $38k seems about right.

Edited by M3AN
  • Haha 4

Markets bloody saturated with them. Two at 20K now? Jeez, too common ?

• Like 1

whilst the purple 1996 one is nice, its also not 20k nice.

i'll probably be eating my words once these things go up even more in a year's time but as it is, i dont see it selling for that kind of price.

• Like 1

The purple one is good actually... I think it's probably priced about right - at least for the start of a negotiation but if i were selling that one I wouldn't want much less than 20k.

Probably the best I've seen for sale in a while.

Edited by M3AN

Its priced at the very top end for a 3.0 but it is nz new and has good service work done and seems like the seller has kept it well.

This is all good news for you Dave, yours must be worth a pretty penny for sure!

A lot of the value in these things rests with how much the owner (or documentation) knows about the life of the car and maintenance... a poorly maintained low-km M3 will hurt you in the long run.

Having owned mine for coming on 18 years and knowing pretty-much everything that has happened to it, along with good original options, makes it more valuable (IMHO). Not that that means much (except more expensive insurance) because I'm not planning on selling it. :)

I saw that purple one in person at a show earlier in the year. Looked like a really nice example (other than the tacky M3 badges stuck everywhere). I'd pay 20k for it if i were in the market, knowing what others are going for, and whats actually on the market.