Sign in to follow this  
Herbmiester

DME Damage

Looks like the DME on my 335i has gone south. Specifically its throwing a 30BB code which is a DME issue and seems to be related to the MOSFET's that drive the injectors going bad. I will remove the DME and test the MOSFET's. Wondering if i just get one of the TV repair people to replace the MOSFET's on  the board  as from what I can figure they are a standard OTS item. Any thoughts here?  

• Sad 1

Doing some more reading it looks like the MOSFET's get over powered by the DME itself and that's why they die. They are rated at uds 250v but apparently receive up to 350v. 

if that's the case, I wonder if there's an equivalent device - same package - with higher voltage rating to replace them with?

22 minutes ago, Olaf said:

if that's the case, I wonder if there's an equivalent device - same package - with higher voltage rating to replace them with?

Yes apparently there is, in fact there are a couple of very comprehensive tech articles going through the whole process. 

• Like 1