BurntSoup

New member intro E92 M3

Hi All,

Have just found this forum, thought I'd join and say hello.

Had my 2008 M3 manual (UK model), for just over a year now. It's my daily drive and I'm very glad to have picked it up. I collected in Christchurch and drove up to Auckland last Dec through Kaikoura (awesome roads), easy car to live with and enjoy it every time I drive it.

After a year I'm getting around 14L/100km, mostly motorway driving. Gets more thirsty when booted but I didn't get it for the fuel economy :)

I'm now up to around 153km on the clock and I'm looking at replacing the rod end bearings as preventative maintenance. (Will probably post on this elsewhere for some input).

Obligatory pics attached. (Nurb sticker will probably go once I do the bearings and move on to cosmetic stuff -paint touch up, mags tidied etc.)

cheers

20171217_165522 m.jpg

20180422_175724 m.jpg

20190111_164325 m.jpg

20190111_164447 m.jpg

• Like 4

Welcome, Mathew.  Nice ride!  Good idea re the rod bearings as preventative maintenance.

Be worth your while subscribing to the Auckland room - there's plenty of events on, regular cars and coffee meets etc.

Very nice! 

I really consider bearing service part of long term maintenance on these M cars, like doing a clutch. Not an often thing but required eventually! 

Cheers guys,

Thanks Olaf have sub'd to the Auckland room. Would be nice to meet a few community members.

Yeah Michael, I think after seeing some nasty photos and reading too many internet opinions it will give me piece of mind to do the work. Have spoken to BM workshop already and they sound reasonably confident (perhaps more-so than CC BMW in Takapuna). I saw aja540i mention doing this on his S85 last year at Turners but could not get hold of them this week.

Welcome Mathew … nice M3 :)I'm planning to do my rod bearings later this year.

Thank you! -A couple extra for you to do than me it seems! Do you think you will use BMW parts or a 3rd party like BE for the bearings?