Sign in to follow this  
Arma

Meet Bonnie the Galactic

Got myself a little present. She's kind of little. 2012 m135i, 55000km, full Alcantara interior etc. 

This thing sure is fun! Very tidy overall. Loving it so far. Will post some better photos later. 

Got 4yrs mechanical warranty on it

LRM_EXPORT_20190117_145644.jpg

LRM_EXPORT_20190117_145702.jpg

LRM_EXPORT_20190117_185711.jpg

LRM_EXPORT_20190117_145644.jpg

LRM_EXPORT_20190117_145621.jpg

LRM_EXPORT_20190117_170255.jpg

LRM_EXPORT_20190117_185640.jpg

Edited by Arma
  • Like 12

Twins! 

Edit:

do an oil change asap with good quality oil and keep a record change it every 8000kms. 

Edited by qube
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, qube said:

Twins! 

Edit:

do an oil change asap with good quality oil and keep a record change it every 8000kms. 

Had no idea you had one too now! I got it from the dealership who did a service recently. Still reckon change the oil? 

feel free to ask me if you have any questions, ive done 15,000kms in 9 months now and loving it. also had a bunch of problems too so I know what to expect.

still do an oil change in my opinion, unless you know what oil they put in and if u know when exactly "recently" means because I dont trust salesmen at dealerships, they will say anything to get a sale.

Hope you got it for a good price!

1 hour ago, qube said:

feel free to ask me if you have any questions, ive done 15,000kms in 9 months now and loving it. also had a bunch of problems too so I know what to expect.

still do an oil change in my opinion, unless you know what oil they put in and if u know when exactly "recently" means because I dont trust salesmen at dealerships, they will say anything to get a sale.

Hope you got it for a good price!

Sweet. Do you service it yourself or at the dealership? (Guessing u have factory warranty, so needs to be serviced at BMW?)
I'll flick you a message sometime, would be keen to understand how you're finding the car and what to look out for. Might pop by to the Sunday meetup in Feb.

I do oil and filter myself and anything I cant at an independant mechanic. I dont have mechanical warranty and Im not taking it to BMW.

come along if ur free.

Have driven a few hundred k's so far. Quite loving the car - it's a very fun agile little machine with a heck of a lot of torque. I was surprised at the lack of lag.
Have had a few small bad lucks over the last week. One of the intercooler pipes at cracked 2 days after I got the  car - it threw off some sensor and put the car into limp mode + displayed a drivetrain problem on screen. Replacing the pipe (under warranty) resolved the issue. Then this morning, some evil soul scraped my rear bumper when parallel parking behind the car (see last image), and left no note! Now there's a little bit of repainting i'll need to do to that. Apart from that - loving it. Very stoked with the alcantara interior and steering wheel. There are a few things I have plans to do in terms of exhaust, sound system (those who know me, know I'm obsessed with quality sound).

Anyway, here's a few recent pics

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

scratch1.png

• Like 1

Got some ok shots during one of the sunrises this week. Been enjoying the machine a lot. Things that need doing is likely a repacement of the tensioner or idler pulley. The tensioner wobbles a bit during idle (completely stable at >1k rpm) - im guessing either the bearings on that is out or the bearings in idler pulley causing belt to pull tensioner laterally - who knows. BMWorkshop said its not terrible but should eventually be replaced - so will look at sorting that soon.

Image may contain: car and outdoor

Image may contain: car, ocean, sky and outdoor

Image may contain: car, sky, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: sky, car, ocean, cloud, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: car, sky, cloud, outdoor and nature

• Like 1

MHD Stage 1 ots 98RON map done. New VSRF charge pipe on the way, just in case... you know.

Considering FMIC/VSRF downpipe now. Mod bug alert. Have made a post about with some questions:

• Like 2

VRSF charge pipe arrived today. Will try get it installed over the next week. Also ordered new spark plugs and planning to do an oil change in the next couple of weeks (although last service was ~4500kms ago apparently)

55478054_281143999468388_6324992521986375680_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent.fakl3-1.fna&oh=4d1d186601f41b5836b3733202e0eeff&oe=5D44915E

Xhp flash all done. Bought and hooked up a 20amp charger to it. However the initial flash took only 5 mins! Much quicker than the expected 30mins. Ots flashes afterwards takes 30 seconds. Have not driven yet - just charged the battery up to full etc. Need to baby it around for 50 miles apparently for adaptations to set

20190330_172418.jpg

20190330_171949.jpg

A couple of tasks done this week, for peace of mind!

• VRSF charge pipe installed. Replaced the stock plastic one
  • Spark plugs all replaced with new ones (old ones were about 60% worn)
  • Full oil service with Castrol Edge 5w30. Amount of oil drained was 5L - OEM capacity is 6.5L, so there was 1.5L missing. Could not find any leaks anywhere.
  • Tyres were running way too soft (whoops) - there was a little cracking on the side wall on some of them. Aired them to ~36/40psi for now. 
  • Air filter needs replacing - figured I'll go with a higher flow filter (no im not getting a pod filter to suck hot air from the bay!!). I've ordered the AFE DRY s drop-in filter, which should arrive in a day or two. Not sure if it's going to affect performance at all (given that I have a mhd stage 1 tune), but at least it will be a new filter :)
  • There is some small cracking on the diff bushing, but nothing major or to worry about at the moment

did u get the pulley/tensioner sorted yet? also whats happening with bonnie #1 the 530i?

1 hour ago, qube said:

did u get the pulley/tensioner sorted yet? also whats happening with bonnie #1 the 530i?

Apparently the pulley/tensioner is all fine, according to BM Workshop. The movement is minimal and expected they say ?‍♂️

Bonnie #1 still needs that coolant hose replaced under the intake manifold. I have to decide when I want to do it, and who I want to pay the huge labour cost of doing it haha. The battery is also flat atm, which I need to charge. Hoping to sort that out over the next couple of months.

Dropped in an AFE dry filter yesterday for that 0.0005% HP gain. Sounds a bit nicer. Old filter was dirty AF

Latest vehicle alarm system.
Pros: Loud, effective
Cons: Not very portable
69587436_359670184923573_7816887555856531456_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQkkSCGsm7_-a8sPBUiTjBS30FtRGKP7CYeqmfyl5hdSGcmyg2Bd7KGu1J0po99O2M0&_nc_ht=scontent.fhlz3-1.fna&oh=5b0cc3b493a16da206352ef9154024e9&oe=5DD76FFF

• Like 3

Car randomly through a drivetrain warning last night. I have noticed on cold starts the car idles very rough, especially when putting the car into gear (any gear including reverse) - almost like it's going to die. I turned the car off, then turned back on again, and the error was gone. Car drove fine (was a 30km drive home afterwards) and the error didn't show up again. I'm going to guess that the error is going to pop up again at some point, maybe in a week... so I might book the car in for the shop to have a look. Research shows that most drivetrain warnings are caused by all sorts of different things from spark plugs, coils, to injectors, HPFP etc. 

I had brand new spark plugs installed about 3-4 months ago, so can't imagine it's that. Hopefully the shop finds the issue easily :) 

69300178_598335607359951_6952709233611636736_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_oc=AQlCXATUzmmH_e2DeZnPEJ82KapDfjofsREJTEb-ks9-j0OrDCM4Ka215_28GDi8dmA&_nc_ht=scontent.fakl5-1.fna&oh=a64e0335a045f871c426a3cd8d8ba589&oe=5E0E2AFC

Tyres were at the end of their life, so decided to get a new set of 4. I was going to stick to the Michelin PSS, but i wanted to do something I had tried and liked before and went with the Bridgestone RE050A's. I also decided to go slightly wider on the back, replacing 245s with 255/35/18. These tyres feel awesome, quiet yet so much grip.

88276405_2278130285825090_8855188327637188608_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=hOw87UuYhckAX_jXIva&_nc_ht=scontent.fhlz3-1.fna&oh=e82dac1b43906a2529e09082fad6b374&oe=5EBB2D9B

• Like 1

Non-runflats next time. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gave her a compulsory wash after a bit of work done over the last week 🙂

Sump leak that's been gradually getting worse - fixed!
Brake fluid flush (there was moisture apparently) - done!
Con-rod bearings were showing a fair bit of wear. Replace all 12 bearings? - done!
Other than that a regular service/do-over and WOF passed with flying colors. 

Car is still running very nicely, and after having a 116i as my loan car for a week boy am I glad to have this thing back. :D

204580566_319496123002620_223055425330997931_n.jpg.cefd01d8975543b30eb3ad4ce7cc392f.jpg

• Like 2