Sign in to follow this  
BlackrazorNZ

New M140i Owner, Auckland

Hey all,

Put the deposit down a couple weeks ago on a new custom spec M140i Shadow Edition, although due to a number of reasons it won't arrive until July.

Been a company car driver for 15 years, it's amazing how unfussy you get with cars when someone else is paying for everything. Before that I was a real little petrolhead - MR2 Turbo, SR20DET Silvia S13, Soarer 1UZFE etc) but this will be my first BMW.

New car hasn't been built yet obviously, but it will look very similar to this, only visual differences will be the sunroof and the internal trim being brushed aluminium rather than gloss black.

Look forward to talking with you all and hopefully going to a few meets once it arrives!

Cheers, Daniel.

2018-12-23%2015.37.50-X2.png

2018-12-23%2015.37.55-X2.png

85CWm0S-X2.jpg

2018-12-23%2017.37.37-X2.jpg

• Like 4

Very, very nice Daniel and welcome!

@Michael will have a small spasm when he see you owned a Soarer. ;)

Once you've got the car (or beforehand if you like) you need to pop into the monthly Auckland coffee meet in Mount Wellington, we'd all love to see it I'm sure.

What blue is that? Looks a little dark to be Estoril.

27 minutes ago, M3AN said:

Very, very nice Daniel and welcome!

@Michael will have a small spasm when he see you owned a Soarer. ;)

Once you've got the car (or beforehand if you like) you need to pop into the monthly Auckland coffee meet in Mount Wellington, we'd all love to see it I'm sure.

What blue is that? Looks a little dark to be Estoril.

I kinda wish I'd held onto the Soarer, sold it way too cheap and it was a great car.

And yep it's Estoril, just must be overcast in the photos or something.

One day, maybe, possibly, I'd quite like to wrap it in Mexico Blue. The colour on the Volvo C30 Polestar prototype is my favourite colour I've ever seen on a car. Sure it's a bit garish and stands out but it's just so... fun! I see some guy in the UK had the same idea, not 100% sold on the blacked out wheels but whatever I guess :)

2018-12-31 22.10.14.png

2018-12-30 12.12.27.png

You cant pay a bit extra and order BMW individual with laguna seca blue?

when you wrap it in the mexico blue you can also get this plate - Smurf + F20 :)

Image result for smurf 1200

Hah, old Blackrazor back from the dead.  Remembered from NZICEMag forums.

9 hours ago, andrewm said:

You cant pay a bit extra and order BMW individual with laguna seca blue?

1 series can’t be had with individual colours

9 hours ago, qube said:

when you wrap it in the mexico blue you can also get this plate - Smurf + F20 :)

Image result for smurf 1200

Love it, stolen ?

7 hours ago, GorGasm said:

Hah, old Blackrazor back from the dead.  Remembered from NZICEMag forums.

Wow, now there’s a nostalgia trip. Although to be fair I’m already planning to fit Focal ES100K’s ?

37 minutes ago, balancerider said:

1 series can’t be had with individual colours

This. Trust me I tried, I wanted the full Oyster interior as well (incl transmission tunnel and underdash leather), couldn’t do that either. They’re pretty tight on the colour options for 1’s. 

Update - car's been made, VIN number is accessible and the car is on the boat.

I'm the worst person in the world at waiting patiently :(

• Like 1

Something like that. Should arrive late May early June, I probably still won’t pick up til July. 

gosh i would be there to see it arrive and ask to watch the pre delivery!

• Like 1

Should have gone for Euro delivery! ;)

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, kiwi535 said:

gosh i would be there to see it arrive and ask to watch the pre delivery!

It’s getting a few bits added on arrival so I’m determined not to see it until the day I pick it up. Like an old fashioned wedding. 

21 minutes ago, M3AN said:

Didn’t even know this was a thing til I just googled it!

Might have to consider it next time ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M3AN said:

Works ok for new owners that can drive their cars home in Europe, unfortunately works against anyone that has to ship their car home, I.e. NZ

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Works ok for new owners that can drive their cars home in Europe, unfortunately works against anyone that has to ship their car home, I.e. NZ

Lots of 'merikans do it... must be a way... although I accept it might not be economical. I wonder if you can sleep in the car?

Munich is a wonderful place for a visit/stay... head there around October and doppelt the experience! ;)

Also, do NOT skip the Deutsches Museum, you'll need two days to do it properly. Best technology museum in the world (IMHO).

Edited by M3AN

There’s a way, it’s just the extra cost puts most NZ customer’s off. 

the car is shipped here anyway buy it,drive it take it back to BMW go home.....:)

17 hours ago, BlackrazorNZ said:

Update - car's been made, VIN number is accessible and the car is on the boat.

I'm the worst person in the world at waiting patiently :(

The VIN number is available ages before it goes on the boat - as soon as the car is locked into the bodyshop schedule, about 2 weeks before the "production" date the VIN is allocated to the bodyshell, then you can track your car through the factory on the main BMW.com web-site which is pretty cool.

12 hours ago, kiwi535 said:

the car is shipped here anyway buy it,drive it take it back to BMW go home.....:)

Nope, you take ownership of the car on delivery at The Welt, so the car is shipped to Munich. Owner is then responsible for getting the car home, hence the extra costs. Which is why it's not a problem if all you have to do it tootle down the Autobahn, but if you have to ship to NZ, different story.

14 hours ago, BlackrazorNZ said:

It’s getting a few bits added on arrival so I’m determined not to see it until the day I pick it up. Like an old fashioned wedding. 

Nahhh, make it like a shotgun wedding! ?

8 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Nope, you take ownership of the car on delivery at The Welt, so the car is shipped to Munich. Owner is then responsible for getting the car home, hence the extra costs. Which is why it's not a problem if all you have to do it tootle down the Autobahn, but if you have to ship to NZ, different story.

Unless the US has a special arrangement (and that may be the case), delivery to your home destination is included. This makes sense of course since you pay for that in the up-front the price.

https://www.bmwusa.com/european-delivery.html

It simply wouldn't work as a programme otherwise, it wouldn't be economical.

Edited by M3AN

All paid for by BMW USA, but there’s still a couple of bits missing from the list..

D544440D-9A39-4514-85BC-E872FFF5509A.png

Well of course you need to get yourself there and back, and accommodated. Nevertheless, there are many good reasons to visit München! Some free stuff on BMW is a bonus.

You still don't pay extra to ship your new car back, that cost is included in the purchase price.

Read what it says in the what’s included.. can you see sea freight or shipping listed?

And nothings ever free...