Sign in to follow this  
User Name

95 750il - Unable to read DME (INPA)

Hi All,

I had no clue which thread to actually put this under, anyway long story short

I have a 95 750il (M73B54) if i remember correctly, The engine decided to take a nose dive after ironically after i rebuilt the starter as the inside bushes had given out.
After some checking of sensors manually, no matter what i did the car would go into "failsafe mode" and not keep running, So got myself a cable and found the INPA software.

Now here is my problem, i am able to read the EWS and other installed devices but not the DME i get a communication fault. i have had a look around and found that there seems to be two versions of the DME installed in the cars DME404 (pre 1/95) and later DME (cant remember version).

My problem now is i don't have any clue which version my INPA has and have been unable to source the older "ipo" file which i believe might be needed to read DME to check fuel sensors etc.

Please correct me if im wrong, or have any suggestions. I have considered taking to a shop but no-one local has software to read it that i've found.
I am based in Manawatu and its not worth my money to transport it to somewhere like Palmerston north to have it looked at.

Thanks anyone who reads this and have a good day

Not sure if this helps but my INPA install apparently supports:

ENTRY=DME5212R,DME 5.2 for M73 right,
ENTRY=DME5212L,DME 5.2 for M73 left,
ENTRY=DME521R,DME 5.21 for M73 right MJ 98,
ENTRY=DME521L,DME 5.21 for M73 left  MJ 98,
ENTRY=DME521R2,DME 5.21 for M73 right MJ 99,
ENTRY=DME521L2,DME 5.21 for M73 left  MJ 99,

(I didn't know they had a separate computer for each bank?)

So I assume yours is a DME 5.2 but I have no specific IPO for that (whereas I do for the others). They may be backwards compatible though.

Do you have any DME521*.IPO files at all (in ..\INPA\SGDAT\)?

Did you also install DIS? If so, do you have any luck connecting with that?

Edited by M3AN

When you get the com's fault when trying to connect to the DME, it often gives you some small type message that tells you which DME is installed.  Its then a matter of finding a model with the same DME as per the message.