Sign in to follow this  
Yungbuck

323i manual conversion

Recently bout a 318 gearbox to convert my 97 323i drift project to a manual I'm trying to find out which flywheel and clutch would fit? Any ideas?

Keep in mind that the shifter linkages are different between 4 and 6 cylinder cars

• Like 1

If an auto check the cooling set up on the radiator they are different to a manual I believe.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2019 at 8:37 PM, KwS said:

Keep in mind that the shifter linkages are different between 4 and 6 cylinder cars

Yep, 4cyl ones are longer. From memory, you can cut *I think* 32mm from the linkages and reweld back together to make them work if you're doing it on an extreme budget. It may be 35mm, it's around that though.

On 2/13/2019 at 10:13 AM, allan said:

If an auto check the cooling set up on the radiator they are different to a manual I believe.

Na auto and manual are the same for the water hoses. Some of the older 36's had trans cooler lines go into the side of the radiator, others have a separate cooler at the front. Either way, you don't need to change the radiator, it won't leak if the trans lines aren't hooked up.

• Like 1

Ah I see different set up from an e46 great makes life a little easier when doing the conversion best of luck and enjoy the 3 pedal experience.

• Like 1