Sign in to follow this  
Cammsport

E36 '96+ M3 suspension components (E30 5 lug swap)

Long shot but thought I'd try here. The state of decent 4 lug wheels available for my E30 over the past year in NZ has driven me to consider a 5 lug swap. 

I'm after the front struts, LCAs and spindles from an obd2 E36 M3. 

Cheers! 

Pretty few and far between in NZ unfortunately. Been on the lookout for a long time as well.

Lots of other ways to go 5-stud now, but imho this is still the best set up.

Yea to be honest I just want to have my car certified before Christmas so it looks like I'll have to deal with 4x100. I'm unsure on those SRS concept lollipops and I'm unsure how the machined hubs would go with our cert process. Definitely a compromise on brakes and wheel choice but ?‍♂️

I'd say hit up your certified and ask. 

Or you could email lvvta directly, which I have done in the past also. 

Yeah, there are plenty of quite simple bolt in options for the rear end, it's the front end where it gets a bit more difficult.

so what are you going to use at the front, Jon?

On 1/26/2019 at 7:35 PM, Cammsport said:

Yea to be honest I just want to have my car certified before Christmas so it looks like I'll have to deal with 4x100. I'm unsure on those SRS concept lollipops and I'm unsure how the machined hubs would go with our cert process. Definitely a compromise on brakes and wheel choice but ?‍♂️

I have used the SRS bushes and passed my cert, still need either m3 evo LCA & e36 hubs or m3 LCA & hub to center the wheels correctly 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, skidz said:

so what are you going to use at the front, Jon?

Still not decided on the front, I keep hoping to find a decent set of M3 (e30) uprights for a not too exorbitant price, but that seems to be a fading dream.

So option two would be same as the OP E36 M3 Evo, easy to put coilovers in with the bolt on knuckles.

So the SRS setup isn't a one stop shop @WYZEUP? Damn, that's disappointing. These parts are obviously rare and there's 10+ people all hawking them by the looks ?

4 lug it may have to be. 

I tried to get away with non M knuckles using the SRS bushes and while I used M3 LCA's to get the wheel perfectly in the centre of the wheel well, the castor was outrageous. An SRS bush gives the same effect of using normal offset LCAB's and M3 Evo LCA's so actually adding the M3 LCA's on top of this to this means your strut is pushed forward at a huge angle.

Without using M3 knuckles getting the wheel in the centre of the wheel well isn't too much of a problem, its what your castor and KPI be once you get it there.

I have since upgraded to the M3 knuckles and brakes and did away with the M3 LCA's and castor is now bearable with the wheel still centre. 

15 hours ago, Cammsport said:

So the SRS setup isn't a one stop shop @WYZEUP? Damn, that's disappointing. These parts are obviously rare and there's 10+ people all hawking them by the looks ?

4 lug it may have to be. 

Try looking overseas, lots of E36 M3s are being wrecked for parts in the UK because no-one can afford the insurance on them.