Sign in to follow this  
bga

Fabulous E30 drive round Lake Taupo

Hi all, sort of by accident had a fabulous drive around Lake Taupo on saturday in the trusty E30 with my youngest :) . Took a couple of hours and some of the views were breathtaking, very little traffic and glorious weather - heres some pics and the GPS tracking for the day - didn't take anywhere near enough of them.. cheers

taupoDrive3.JPG

taupoDrive2.JPG

TaupoDrive1.JPG

TaupoGPS.jpg

Edited by bga
typo
  • Like 4

great way to spend a day!  Car looks lovely too. 

cheers Olaf, car ran like a dream, am very near to finishing it now, bit of cosmetics and air con to sort then she's finished - a great way to spend a day alright :)

Epic, the Taupo region is brilliant on a clear day, I love it.

Used to stay in Acacia Bay as a kid at mum and dad's place and more recently in Five Mile Bay. Are you staying down there or was it a round trip from Auckland?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, M3AN said:

Epic, the Taupo region is brilliant on a clear day, I love it.

Used to stay in Acacia Bay as a kid at mum and dad's place and more recently in Five Mile Bay. Are you staying down there or was it a round trip from Auckland?

it was beautiful alright. Just had a few days away down there (live in Auckland) decided to take the E30 for a good run as the weather looked good , best decision I made. Left Taupo to see what was around the area and realised very quickly that there was a great road to follow so just kept on going round the lake until I got back to Taupo a few hours later, quality time with the young 'un and the old girl. My lad commented that it was like a scene from a movie, great landscapes in an old car .. loved it :)

Edited by bga
  • Like 3