Sign in to follow this  
Kodachrome

Wedding in March - would love Classic BMW wedding transport

Anyone know of such a service in NZ?  Wedding is in Blenheim in mid-March.

I'm from Ireland so the classic Ford / Holdens on offer really dont mean anything me (though are nice to look at). I would love if we could get pre-80s BMWs however.  An E9 is a future aspiration of mine but that might be getting too specific! :)

No service that I'm aware of but it's a popular request often satisfied by enthusiasts.

You might get some traction on this thread, I've lent out my M3 for this purpose before (when I say "lent", I was the driver). I'd reach out to the official BMW Car Club also, they may be prepared to ask around on your behalf if you join up.

There are a couple of companies that do car hire for classics and sports cars. One in Napier and I think the other one is down your way, CHCH maybe?

Not sure if they have any Bimmers but they might know of someone that does?

Thanks for the suggestions. Reached out to a few places but so far seems classic BMWs are still not an option.  :(

We are considering pre-1990s stuff now, E30's, E23, E32.  Even have a saved search on  TM to buy something (if not too much $$) just for this!

Anyone interested in just privately renting something in good nick? Its really just for basic wedding stuff, arrive, go to and appear in the photo shoot etc.   Ive owned tons of E34's and an 850CSi so Im not a tool

Hi Matt. 

I don’t have a BMW you’re after, but I do have a late 1980s 560SEL in good original condition. If you only find a decent E32 or E34 they might make a nice 1980s couple. An E32 750iL would be a good companion. I would like to have both in my garage. 

Disregard if you’re set on BMW only. These aren’t to everyone’s taste?

6CBA51CE-95DA-4164-A3D7-AD19B0B24980.jpeg

Edited by coop
  • Like 1

Hi Coop,

I used to have the Coupe version, the 560SEC, so I am a fan.

Are you looking to sell or rent it out?

Edited by mattsimis