Sign in to follow this  
BlackrazorNZ

BBQ

46 minutes ago, m325i said:

Warning; stay away from watches.

It's a curse. A fun curse. But still a curse. I could have bought an M2 Comp with cash with what I've wasted on this hobby in the last 7 years...

• Haha 1

Im a big fan of seikos because you can still have all the fun but at a lesser price point compared to the much more expensive brands of watches.

still looking for a seiko blue spark tho..

• Like 1

thats perfect (minus the strap)

there is a reason why i stopped looking at wus and the like. the temptation is hard to resist..

cannot justify spending right now after I had to blow more money on my car getting new charge pipe and boost pipe :(

I have opened the bbq thread and found watches. I would not bbq a watch, atleast i certainly wouldnt eat one. 

A9330ABC-A9F7-45AB-9A6E-F0C0B36CF006.jpeg

C0D2A7E2-C519-4B52-A6DC-9228734702EB.jpeg

Edited by andrewm
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, andrewm said:

I have opened the bbq thread and found watches.

Got a big cook this weekend, I’ll compensate with some meat pics for you once done :)

2 hours ago, BlackrazorNZ said:

Got a big cook this weekend, I’ll compensate with some meat pics for you once done :)

Amazing a thread where people post pictures of their meat made it this far without innuendo. 

Edited by andrewm
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, BlackrazorNZ said:

definitely read this comment wrong the first time round..

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, qube said:

definitely read this comment wrong the first time round..

Cook, cook. It definately says cook. 

• Haha 1

On 1/26/2019 at 11:21 AM, Palazzo said:

Nice looking piece of meat. I ran the same set up recently with gas and a smoker box to do ribs etc. but decided to try charcoal.

That’s what my wife said ?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, andrewm said:

Cook, cook. It definately says cook. 

Can't a guy talk about getting his sausage smoked, pulling his pork, his plan to rub some butts or making the most of his long, hard cook over the weekend, without someone's mind immediately going to the gutter ?

Edited by BlackrazorNZ

This whole thread makes me moist....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Is there a good place to get watches valued for insurance purposes

I have a old watch from my great grandmothers estate. its a Waltham 

I'm into cooking too. Purchased my new Borniac smoker last week to replace my old modified LPG cabinet. Hot smoked brined Salmon on Thursday night and a butterflyed, brined chook saturday night. I also smoke fish and make my own Dry cured smoked bacon and rump steak

1.JPG.00827d1cddef7083df6e047934cc8981.JPG4.JPG.bccbc7713ee3df192841cad131c8132d.JPG2.JPG.a28bc65a538500a6ee0c63fb252222ef.JPG3.JPG.fa593135296243d5855760bd985ddb85.JPG5.JPG.030d3c5389769b1cb410e76bc988e57e.JPG6.JPG.916fc89d01d497a392d89abdb32a1353.JPG7.JPG.d9e94518ceca3f002f44c1d94969e4f5.JPG

• Like 1

how long to do the chicken, Glenn.

3.5hrs (approx) at 100c The most important thing is to get the internal temperature up to 75c.  That's why I butterflyed it and removed the breast bone. It doesn't look like it in the photos but the two sides are flayed out to allow the heat and smoke get to the center of the chook

AHH, I got one of the older style cool/cold smokers it takes 10-12 hours to cook a number 8 and about 15mins to eat. (because we're so hungry ) I didn't butterfly it, I'll try that next time.

I normally just use it to smoke fish.

I purchased the cold smoker kit with this which separates the smoke generator from the main body with 100mm foil ducting. Cold smoking is on my to do list especially with my bacon

A couple of photos. Bacon done in my old LPG Smoker

3.thumb.jpg.3edc8dabaf9a69b233d33e8af58ade61.jpg5.jpg.7c74b7d266f08643e5c747f122d1fb97.jpg

Edited by B.M.W Ltd
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, B.M.W Ltd said:

I'm into cooking too. Purchased my new Borniac smoker last week to replace my old modified LPG cabinet. Hot smoked brined Salmon on Thursday night and a butterflyed, brined chook saturday night. I also smoke fish and make my own Dry cured smoked bacon and rump steak

smoking fish is outstanding, though you need to roll them tightly and use special papers. 

On a more serious note, I covet your smoker.  Nice work, Glenn!

• Like 1

Just a heads up. If your looking at smokers, bypass the Bradley's & check out the advantages of the Polish Borniak range. If you are really into this you'll understand why after checking out all the specs. I'm really rapped with mine. Feel free to ask me why.

Edited by B.M.W Ltd

Smoking a marinated, aged, half rump steak today. I make my own marinades and rubs

Rump2.JPG.00ac984b27a74c197386d56d176c179a.JPG

• Like 2

But, Glenn, how do you get the smoker in the RV? Does it have it's own special trailer to tow it along behind you.

Nice work though, pics are definately making me hungry.