Sign in to follow this  
Palazzo

E36 328i Factory manual coupe

This was bought new by a mate of mine in 1996 in London. He brought it to NZ with him when it was 18 months old and I bought it from him in 2010.

Has 126.000 miles (202kms) on it and runs perfectly.

Clutch and shocks were replaced at 160,000kms. I used this as my daily until 2013, then got another car, but couldn't bring myself to sell it.... 

Last year (March) I got a new warrant and fixed a few bugs, flushed oil and coolant etc for a $900 bill and since then have driven it regularly, hasn't missed a beat. I also replaced the fuel pump and fuel filter at the same time.

The air con needs regassing (I was going to get the Repco refill kit) and the stereo (factory Sony with CD changer) has decided it will only play through the left speakers (assume the plug is out in the back of it). I also have a new cabin air filter for it, but don't have the time to get all of the little things attended to. 

It had some paint touch ups done by a professional painter a few years back, all of the areas he touched are now stuffed. Boot, bonnet and top of drivers door.

Hood lining is sagging, not too badly, but will need doing at some point.

Has 16" motor sport alloys on it with Super cat tyres on it with plenty of tread. 

This is the one that was mentioned in a thread last year with a possibly higher horse power ECU, but who knows? There's probably stuff I've missed, but there you go.

I want $4,500 for it. For this, it will come with:

A perfect condition boot with Msport spoiler

A good condition drivers door.

An M sport front bumper (purple, but good nick)

A replacement hood lining in good condition

AA.JPG

Back.JPG

Boot.JPG

Door card.JPG

Door.JPG

Front.JPG

Int.JPG

Left Int.JPG

Side.JPG

• Like 2

#Herbmeister I’ll deliver it to Wellington.

#Smithyinwelly it was available, I thought long and hard about your wagon....

Kyu, you can drop the quotation marks. It cost $3.5k, but I’d say limited prep. It lasted about 11-12 years, every surface he painted is damaged. The rest is in good nick and would come up great with a proper cut and polish.

What shocks were used? Does that include delivery of all the parts?

Monroe’s from memory. You mean delivering the car and parts? Have to figure it out. Rear seats fold, so you could get a bit in, but they are quite bulky bits.

If the buyer doesnt want the boot spoiler, i'd be keen on it (sans boot lid).

18 hours ago, Palazzo said:

#Smithyinwelly it was available, I thought long and hard about your wagon....

Many did - haha! But I meant after I sold it and bought something cheaper/fun-ner... picked up a 325ti but jeez I wish it was a manual.

Your LHS indicator is upside down (wrong side), if the other one matches you can swap them over.

That’s funny, I was looking at it the other day thinking it didn’t look right. I will talk to the installer.....