Sign in to follow this  
Herbmiester

New Bridgestone S007A

Have seen these listed in NZ for a few months now. Priced some up for my 335i and they were around $50- 70 per tire more expensive than the old standby Re003. 

https://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/review-bridgestone-potenza-s007a-tyres-120317?trackLink=homePageAdvice5

• Like 1

So what sizes and price were the RE003? I always found Bridgestone NZ to be a pita in regards to buying certain tyres. So many stores with varying prices you have to ring a wide range to find out the normal price and then they don't carry seem to offer most of the sizes that are available over seas.

2 hours ago, Herbmiester said:

Have seen these listed in NZ for a few months now. Priced some up for my 335i and they were around $50- 70 per tire more expensive than the old standby Re003. 

https://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/review-bridgestone-potenza-s007a-tyres-120317?trackLink=homePageAdvice5

Sounds pretty reasonable price-wise, given they’re replacing the S-001?

17 hours ago, Eagle said:

So what sizes and price were the RE003? I always found Bridgestone NZ to be a pita in regards to buying certain tyres. So many stores with varying prices you have to ring a wide range to find out the normal price and then they don't carry seem to offer most of the sizes that are available over seas.

Sorry cant find the quote now but Tony's refused to beat it and nothing from Beaurepairs (in a similar performance range) came close. Sizing was 255 35 18 and 225 40 18 pretty standard 335i fitment. Historically I find Bridgestone easy to deal with and they often have the best prices even though they also have a tie up with Tony's. I find Beaurepairs difficult and expensive but that could just be my local branch. I have noticed that once you get above 18 inches a lot of companies options start getting thin, especially for good tyres. 

do you need new tyres john?

I have a set of re003's in those exact sizes which I need to sell.

19 hours ago, sobanoodle said:

Was considering S007 too but... they do not come in 20".

Tyrerack have plenty in 20" sizes so must NZ Bridgestone again, always the option import. I can't even find them listed in common size 245/45R17 on NZ Bridgestone website but it maybe incorrect.

16 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Tyrerack have plenty in 20" sizes so must NZ Bridgestone again, always the option import. I can't even find them listed in common size 245/45R17 on NZ Bridgestone website but it maybe incorrect.

I am pretty sure you can order them from BS.

Wouldn't surprise me but at the same time it also wouldn't surprise me if it was more expensive than ordering some yourself.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eagle said:

Good to know. Went with Dunlops instead. Got a good deal and ended up paying less than I would for a set of RE003 under thier 4 for 3 promo.

Rang up a Bridgestone dealer here in Hamilton and don't bring in 235/45R17 S007A's into the country. Looks like im sticking with my PS4's for the time being. 

Has anyone bought these yet? Any feedback? I plan on getting a set this week. 

37 minutes ago, deane30 said:

Has anyone bought these yet? Any feedback? I plan on getting a set this week. 

I asked my Bridgestone dealer about them a couple of weeks ago, he said he hadn't had enough feedback on them yet to be able to recommend them.  I'm waiting with interest.

• Like 1

I’m getting a set of these tomorrow. 

For what it’s worth Auckland City BMW wanted $2800 for a set of 4 with a wheel alignment. Bridgestone direct was about $1300. 

• Thanks 1

Interesting.  For some tyres, BMW are unbeatable.  Perhaps they don't supply S007's as original equipment or parts?

Don't think so, runflats and M car tyres are very good. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Olaf said:

Interesting.  For some tyres, BMW are unbeatable.  Perhaps they don't supply S007's as original equipment or parts?

No idea - I just asked for tyres for my car and specifically did not want RFT ones. 

I knew it would be more but I just shook my head. The emails I have suggested that they have a warehouse full of tyres somewhere which surprised me too. 

They seem good tyres and BMW are using them in Australia as the tyre for their M-cars on their driver experience days. 

On 6/22/2020 at 8:30 PM, NZ BMW said:

Bridgestone direct was about $1300. 

Pretty sharp price for a good tyre, although not sure it stacks up against the "Top 3" (Conti, Michelin, Goodyear - depending on who you listen to, some may swap Conti for Bridgestone) - what sizes were those for $1.3k do you recall?

Edited by M3AN

10 hours ago, M3AN said:

Pretty sharp price for a good tyre, although not sure it stacks up against the "Top 3" (Conti, Michelin, Goodyear - depending on who you listen to, some may swap Conti for Bridgestone) - what sizes were those for $1.3k do you recall?

I’m no race car driver like a lot of people like to think they are. I’m sure something with was OE on some Ferrari’s will be fine for my 320D!

They were 19 inch - 225/45 and 255/35 or something like that. There is sale on for another week of buy one get one half price. So basically a 25% saving so a full set should be somewhere in the region of $1750 if my early morning maths is correct.

Edited by NZ BMW

On 6/22/2020 at 8:30 PM, NZ BMW said:

Bridgestone direct was about $1300. 

What sizes are were you quoting at $1300?  

28 minutes ago, Olaf said:

What sizes are were you quoting at $1300?  

Above - I realised I fat fingered my phone keyboard and made it sound like those were not the sizes I purchased. 

No seriously - I'm asking what sizes you did purchase.  All I see above some sizes with "something like that", and you've now clarified they are 19's.  Cheers.

2 hours ago, Olaf said:

No seriously - I'm asking what sizes you did purchase.  All I see above some sizes with "something like that", and you've now clarified they are 19's.  Cheers.

Yeah... 19” was in the original post but okay.... 

There is a pricing configurator on the Bridgestone website if you want actual information as it relates to your situation. 

43 minutes ago, NZ BMW said:

There is a pricing configurator on the Bridgestone website if you want actual information as it relates to your situation. 

I didn't realise this, thanks for pointing it out.

225/40/18 + 255/35/18 = $1,373 which is pretty good. About $400 more than the Hankooks at Hyper... hmm.