Sign in to follow this  
qube

What BMW do you want to own right now?

What BMW do you want to own right now?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I chose M cars that are "relatively" available here in NZ and is not priced crazy out of this world such as the E30 M3

FYI M cars were around before the 90's 

Wouldn't mind a E34 M5, not crazily priced but are heading there, hard to find though. Problem is everyone is holding on to these older looked after cars for good reason (applies to all good models)

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Gabe79 said:

Can you add a E61 M5?

This...;)

I originally put the E30 M3 and the E34 M5 but then I thought about it and basically you cant get those in NZ. so I wanted to stick with something a bit more "realistic"

48 minutes ago, Gabe79 said:

Can you add a E61 M5?

1 minute ago, aja540i said:

This...;)

lets say E60/E61 :)

Just to be totally pedantic, and show how confusing the naming has got now... all the M cars now have their own F/G code. M2 = F87, M3 = F80, M4 Coupe = F82 vert is F83...

I ticked the M3 F80 box as it is such a brilliant all rounder, family cruiser, daily driver or pocket rocket all in one.

right. pretty much stopped caring once they got into the F chassis, only know the basic model numbers like the F20 (mine) and F30 didnt realise the M has their own numbers lol.

I had to pick the M2 but my actual pick would be the M2 comp hands down. 

The new G30? 3 series looks interesting for sure though

9 minutes ago, qube said:

I originally put the E30 M3 and the E34 M5 but then I thought about it and basically you cant get those in NZ. so I wanted to stick with something a bit more "realistic"

Fair enough. Certainly not extremely rare or expensive its just no one is selling them anymore haha, same the with the E24 M6. E28 M5 is a different story.

Yea they used to pop up every now and then but nothing in a while. 

Just a lack of e34s in general. Even the e39 is thinning out a lot In favour of the cheap e60s and even cheap f10s

Still not over the M5 and it’s coming up 6 years of ownership.

Wouldn’t mind having a drive of the current M3/M4 to help convince myself new cars are great.

• Like 1

I had an i8 Coupe in Ireland and god damn want one here. 

I also want either an E9 or E28 too, which is the other extreme. 

The new Toyota Supra.

:uhhn:

But in all seriousness, I'd be perfectly happy with my incoming car, once I make a few necessary tweaks (MPE and LSD).

• Haha 1

E46 CSL hands down for me.

I'm not sold on new cars that a) do most of the driving for you, b) you can't work on yourself, and c) apparently are too expensive to repair. No fun in that.

There's also a niggle in the back of my mind that says in 10+ years all these electronic cars are going to start spazzing out and become entirely unreliable.

But I'd also keep my entirely analogue E36 M3.

e46 m3 gtr.

When it comes to BMWs, if I had to pick one from the whole BMW range/models there's only one for me - the E30 333i. ?

Apart from this, my all time dream car is Eleanor ? (1967 Ford Mustang) or a 1967/68/69 Chev Camaro...or both ?.

People trying to go off on their tangent please stick to the list :)

you are welcome to make your own poll. 

This statistic is already very interesting for me. 

Very few votes for e46 despite everyone saying its going to be a classic. And suprisingly e39 ahead by a mile. 

Also the 1m is a suprise despite a lot of people disregarding it as not being a true M car. 

Edit:

i just realised i put other/comment as an option so i guess i cant be complaining. Oh well

Edited by qube
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Has to be the e39 M5 for me. Sold the first one and sulked until I found another. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was like: "but..." until I saw this:

36 minutes ago, qube said:

Edit: i just realised i put other/comment as an option so i guess i cant be complaining. Oh well

Which is the only reason I threw up a different opinion.

From your pre-existing options - M2.

E34 and E39 have always been the perfect size for me for an all rounder. Modern BMW's are just getting way too bloated for my tastes, the CEO parked his G30 M5 near my E39 the other day and that thing is monstrous.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Young Thrash Driver said:

The older M3's are all fun but I think once you grow up M5 is the only option. I couldn't consider a 3 Series again until all the kids have left home.

Well, that's assuming you consider kids a necessity to be 'grown up'. Some of us will never need four doors or a large car.

• Like 1

None.  I want a Toyota Mark X GRMN.

• Like 1