Sign in to follow this  
Stevejackie2017

Wanted E39 M5

Better flash the cash if you really want one. There are only a handful of really good ones left and of the two owners i know, the phrase ‘from my cold dead hands’ comes to mind. 

• Haha 3

On 1/31/2019 at 8:43 PM, qube said:

you want to talk to the guy down south in invercargill

Can pass you on his contact if he lets me, I have viewed the car & would have brought it but like most people couldn't afford it. I thought it was immaculate though & beautiful colour to 

On 1/31/2019 at 8:54 PM, andrewm said:

Better flash the cash if you really want one. There are only a handful of really good ones left and of the two owners i know, the phrase ‘from my cold dead hands’ comes to mind. 

I still want one, too. And I'm now at the stage where I'd be happy to pry one from someone's warm hands - even if that means splurging a bit of cold hard cash at them. 

Please PM me any name/number and I'll get on the phone. Thanks

Edited by Longi
spelling

Owner of the ex write off Le Mans blue one has told me it sold to someone in the Far North. 

There is an oxford green one with black interior up for grabs that I know of. NZ New, done 170k I think asking 25k. Can get details if needed.

• Like 1

25k is very reasonable for nz new and 170kms. is it PFL? i would imagine that would be a pretty easy sell

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BreakMyWindow said:

Owner of the ex write off Le Mans blue one has told me it sold to someone in the Far North. 

There is an oxford green one with black interior up for grabs that I know of. NZ New, done 170k I think asking 25k. Can get details if needed.

Yes please!

4 hours ago, qube said:

25k is very reasonable for nz new and 170kms. is it PFL? i would imagine that would be a pretty easy sell

Built June 2000 so right on the cusp, it might have the FL lights already.

A beautiful 2002 one came up just now in wanaka. Asking 40k. 

Looks like if not the one owned by darren? From here a few years back. Can anyone confirm? @BreakMyWindow?

Yep that is Darren Gledhill’s old car. Beautiful. Quite a few after market mods though -which won’t cater for everyone..

Darren was anecdotally the original owner of the highly discussed Lemans Blau example that was the subject of an insurance rebuild -  and replaced that car with this black one.... 

Darren was once a regulator contributor to this site...

Edited by ssbmw
Grammar

4 hours ago, ssbmw said:

Yep that is Darren Gledhill’s old car. Beautiful. Quite a few after market mods though -which won’t cater for everyone..

Darren was anecdotally the original owner of the highly discussed Lemans Blau example that was the subject of an insurance rebuild -  and replaced that car with this black one.... 

Darren was once a regulator contributor to this site...

I see. Any idea where hes gone? He used to live near by me and we have the same type of dog so did catch up a couple times a few years ago now. Didnt realise it was that long ago! 

You know it’s funny I have been on this site regularly for over 10 years (without being a regular contributor) and overtime you notice the absence of people who were regular contributors.

He is one of them. Last I heard was that he was selling his M5 to replace it with a X5. 

• Like 1

Obviously because I currently reside in the USA, always studying prices of these things being marketed here. I think based on the mileage, condition, and provenance it wouldn’t be unrealistic to see a vendor marketing a car like this in the USA for $40-$45k USD. If it was in a Uber rare colour combo maybe more.