Sign in to follow this  
Thefqx

Stuck Spark Plug

Changing the spark plugs on my E90 335i. 5 of the 6 of them came out no problem. The sixth one has a lot of resistance. I can turn it but it is taking a lot of force. I might be about quarter of the way out but I’m hesitant to keep going given how hard it is to turn. Any advice? Surely you can’t strip the treads taking it out (unless it has been installed wrong previously?)?

Which number plug is it ? It may have been damaged when the plugs were taken out last time. Always use Wurth copper slip on plug threads when installing them and don't over tighten.

How many full turns have you turned it out ??

Have you tried any penetrating oil down the spark plug tube ?

Wurth or CRC . Do not continue to force it all the way out. It may me damaged or could be just dry tight because copper slip was never used on the threads. Try just puting a small amount down there so as to only make thread contact and just keep making small movements back and forth. If it starts moving more freely, start undoing but keep returning to the start position all the time untill it feels more easier to turn.. If your not sure what I mean, call me 021921377

On 2/2/2019 at 1:17 PM, B.M.W Ltd said:

just keep making small movements back and forth. If it starts moving more freely, start undoing but keep returning to the start position all the time untill it feels more easier to turn.. 

Glenn is right on the money there, little turn to loosen, little turn to tighten. Helps stop it binding up. Lots of patience will be needed to get it out, take your time with it.

Edited by Mad_Max

Brent's a nice guy, but my name is Glenn

3 hours ago, B.M.W Ltd said:

Brent's a nice guy, but my name is Glenn

Yeah my bad, sorry ?