Sign in to follow this  
smudger

Thinking about selling my low miles E36 M3 Vert

I'm thinking seriously about selling my low miles manual E36 M3 convertible. It's a bit special having done only 32000 miles (51kms), in great condition and i'm the 4th private owner ( plus 4 or 5 dealers).  I gave it a treat recently and had it valeted along with a coating of Feynlab Ceramic  paint protection - the paintwork looks almost like new ! ( apart from a few chips and the bottom of the front spoiler, which i may get painted ).  I'm interested in what Bimmersport members think it's worth, i'm thinking it's somewhere from $20-30k, maybe towards the higher end -  I've seen comment that the E36's are appreciating in value but to what degree ? I've seen the Evo's around $30k plus/minus on TradeMe with twice the mileage, none of which seem to be selling quickly.

M3_2345b.jpg

m3 b.jpg

M3 a.jpg

• Like 3

Don't sell it.

Not helpful, i know, but what a great looking car. You'll have maximum regerts selling that.

best way to find out market value is... by putting it on the market.

I would say you should find a buyer at $20-25k. any more it might be a wait.

UK import? I'd agree, somewhere between 20-25k. The ones on trade me have been around forever.

2 hours ago, Blackie said:

UK import? I'd agree, somewhere between 20-25k. The ones on trade me have been around forever.

First registered in Nz In 94 new but speedo in miles.

Yeah, unless you need the money I'd consider keeping it as a summer cruiser... but, since you asked...

On price I think you're between a rock and a hard place, you're not going to be rewarded (in any significant fashion) for the low miles unless you're very lucky and find somebody that specifically wants the configuration you have. If it were a 3.2 coupe then the low miles would be worth more but I'm afraid not many M3 buyers are looking for a 3.0 vert.

The colour is up there with the best and the wheels are ideal, assuming the leather condition is commensurate with the miles then that's also a bonus. Service history is important because some things have a lifespan regardless of the actual mileage... do you have service records?

I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if a good condition 3.2 manual coupe sold for $28k and would work back from there (-vert, -5 speed, -3.0) and would agree with those above that $25k would be a good number but I'd expect it to hang around for a while.

There aren't many public recent benchmarks out there as far as I'm aware - I've not seen a good condition original e36 M3 sell (publically) for quite some time now which makes the market difficult to assess. Mine's insured for $22k agreed... maybe I should reevaluate that...

And to think I was going to sell it for 14-15k in '08 when I headed off to Europe...

There was a tidy 3.0 ‘vert on TM recently. Nz new, 140kms (from memory) and had an asking of $15k. I thought that was cheap.

It was a rather marmite colour though (a bright blue).  Daytona is a much more sellable colour. 

Agree, Daytona is my favourite, but I’d go that blue over silver or black.

It's listed in the for sale forum. Thanks for the feedback !