Sign in to follow this  
qube

BMW E38 M7... kind of

Very nice. Always liked the idea of a 7 series manual purely for uniqueness. Have seen a couple of factory E32 manuals here for sale a very long time ago.

8 hours ago, BozzaFC said:

That interior is delicious 

It is nice now but unfortunately it'll look like sh*t in a couple of years. It's painted (on the surface) and not dyed and the paint will crack off as the leather gets used. You can't dye leather without removing and submerging it all and that's just not practical.

Fibrenew are also in NZ and they'll only guarantee their work on seats for 2 years (if you're lucky - they wouldn't give me any guarantee). To be honest there aren't many options and this is one of the best but it pays to know what you're getting because it's a short term product. They shouldn't call it "dyeing".

Lovely car though!

This is currently for sale, tracking over 40k USD, some estimates it will go up to 70k

it was super low Mileage to start with and every element was addressed.

yes I am jealous as hell, and no I wouldn’t pay that for it, unless I had a boot for of cash turn up from somewhere ?

You could almost call it a bargain at US$70k considering what they were new and how much better this is than new!

But you're right, that's baller money.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, M3AN said:

It is nice now but unfortunately it'll look like sh*t in a couple of years. It's painted (on the surface) and not dyed and the paint will crack off as the leather gets used. You can't dye leather without removing and submerging it all and that's just not practical.

Not sure if different, but I've used dynamix dyes on several Bmw several times and the paint/dye never cracked off. Yes it eventually, after 5years got scuffed enough to redo, but it's like an easy diy. 

45 minutes ago, mattsimis said:

Not sure if different, but I've used dynamix dyes on several Bmw several times and the paint/dye never cracked off. Yes it eventually, after 5years got scuffed enough to redo, but it's like an easy diy. 

5 years is a pretty good result. I think the determining factor is how long they'll guarantee the finish for. If they'll guarantee it for 5 years then it's probably worth it.

30 minutes ago, M3AN said:

5 years is a pretty good result. I think the determining factor is how long they'll guarantee the finish for. If they'll guarantee it for 5 years then it's probably worth it.

Well with dynamix you are meant to condition the leather every year too, which is easy but it's not exactly 5 years fire and forget like a real leather dye process as you mention.

• Like 1

$58k USD sold. This or a mid level new 3 series, I know where my money would go

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Breaker said:

$58k USD sold. This or a mid level new 3 series, I know where my money would go

I do like it. But 58k US will also buy a 2018 M3

He put so much effort into commissioning the build and it is a great result but I don’t understand why you would go and sell it.    Maybe I am too sentimental and closed off to new experiences!   Been driving an e38 for 13 years!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NUSTAD said:

He put so much effort into commissioning the build and it is a great result but I don’t understand why you would go and sell it.    Maybe I am too sentimental and closed off to new experiences!   Been driving an e38 for 13 years!

yeah if it was me i would never sell it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, qube said:

^ 2x E46 M3 (one CS) and an X5M? Please show photos of the fleet!

I’ll post some pics for you guys in a new thread when I take some better shots. Check out my insta @060motorsports for now. Cheers. 

8 minutes ago, qube said:

just realised you are in bahrain! very cool

Yes Sir LOL. Love the builds here so keep coming back. You guys have some awesome builds over there. Keep up the good work.

2 hours ago, qube said:

just realised you are in bahrain! very cool

No, very warm!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, M3AN said:

No, very warm!

At the moment the weather is very pleasant with a shower here and there and around 14-16c in the mornings. Beautiful Turbo weather LOL. COme June July August its going to be 50c+ with High humidity.