Sign in to follow this  
balancerider

moon mileage...

OK not trademe - but 340000km in < 5 years is good going even with a heavy dose of motorway / autobahn. doesn't look to have had a tough life but >40k seems expensive given I got a 1 year old 335d with 10000 miles for just over 50 landed.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201902014494028?radius=1500&amp;make=BMW&amp;model=ALPINA D3 BI-TURBO&amp;postcode=n15en&amp;onesearchad=Used&amp;onesearchad=Nearly New&amp;onesearchad=New&amp;advertising-location=at_cars&amp;sort=price-asc&amp;page=2&amp;modal=photos

a61453e4e06e4cb794110e1be14aacf0.jpg

Be interesting to see the service history. I think age is more the cruel mistress when it comes to cars, its the true measure of quality and reliability.

As an ex- Alpina UK employee owned car, you'd hope it had been serviced appropriately (no guarantees i guess). It must be ok to be sold as an approved used car through a main dealer though.

Edited by balancerider

Possibly the most pointless photo ever to appear in a used car advert...4728EACD-5276-4DF5-92CC-821EAB7C4502.jpeg

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, balancerider said:

As an ex- Alpina UK employee owned car, you'd hope it had been serviced appropriately (no guarantees i guess). It must be ok to be sold as an approved used car through a main dealer though.

Im sure its been looked after. I was more meaning whats been replaced to get it to those those k's.

50,000mi per year.  as long as it's not exclusively on M25 at rush hour; oh, wait, that's physically impossible!

GF in France or Germany, bingo.

No, it ain't worth sh*t.  It's a tuned diesel 3 series with a sh*t tonne of miles on it.  It ain't rare, cool, or worth much at all.

11 hours ago, lord_jagganath said:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201901083728028 I suppose there is little point in the Sytner one when number 20 here is just 2k more... 

The advantage of the Sytner one is that if you wanted to, you could keep it under BMW Warranty forever. Surprises me there isn't an NZ equivalent given there seem to be a lot of people with aftermarket warranties.