Selling price $600

Free delivery along SH1 Palm Nth-Akld

What you see on pallet and ready to go.

DSC09995.JPG

DSC09994.JPG

Edited by beemwr
Been Sold

Thanks for your interest MS.

It is an M30B35 which were made from 1968 -1992 in various configurations. Apparently there have been many examples that have covered over 500,000kms reported. It is likely to be a 1990's version being in the e34.

I believe it came out of an e34 535i and was under the 200,000. It has a the loom, PS, AC, Air meter. It has clean exterior and still has oil in it I try to remember to turn it over every now and then. Just needs an ECU tomake it go i.e. an 0 261 200 179 one. I do have a complete M30B35 too on TM which came out of a running car too, a plug - in- and-go for an e30 conversion. cheers

Ah I see. I have (will have, bought one on TM, yet to pickup) a M30B25 based e28 525i. Googling suggests fitting a M30B35 is a lot more work than fitting a M30B34 for no real gain. 

My longer term plan is to turbo this e28 and I like the idea of having an engine out to make it "Turbo ready" then get it transplanted into the car. 

I've now sold on my two E30 projects, or this may well have been a serious consideration.
I do still have a good G260/6 gearbox that would suit if anyone needs it.

I have two e28 528e's one with 300k km's; but have one other project consuming all the spare cash and time I have presently, but with all that torque and supposed 218bhp on tap would make an excellent towing car...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mattsimis said:

Ah I see. I have (will have, bought one on TM, yet to pickup) a M30B25 based e28 525i. Googling suggests fitting a M30B35 is a lot more work than fitting a M30B34 for no real gain. 

My longer term plan is to turbo this e28 and I like the idea of having an engine out to make it "Turbo ready" then get it transplanted into the car. 

I think the googling inference is maybe saying if you have an M30B34 208bhp one its a lot of work changing to an M30B35 218bhp and not worth the expense and time. They made M30B#$ and M30B35 for different markets I believe. If I'm wrong someone will correct this, I am sure.Cheers

1 hour ago, beemwr said:

I think the googling inference is maybe saying if you have an M30B34 208bhp one its a lot of work changing to an M30B35 218bhp and not worth the expense and time. They made M30B#$ and M30B35 for different markets I believe. If I'm wrong someone will correct this, I am sure.Cheers

Well kinda, more that the e34 gen M30 has numerous electrical and some physical changes that make it not just a drop in replacement. If I have to make a bunch of changes I'd just use a lighter engine. Since I want to turbo it anyhow apparently the best setup is M30B34 with the M30B35 head.

later euro spec e28 e24 etc m30b34 had 218hp 310nm  10;1 compression ratio 

later e34 e32 etc had m30b35 211hp and 305Nm . 9;1 c/r

us spec e28 e24 junk had m30b34 with 8;1 compression ratio with about 185hp 

• Thanks 1

Thanks Brent for clarifying the different engines. 

I also have an M30 block how do I identify whether it is B34 or B35 or is it just the internals that are different? It has 171------- in front of the engine number. Is 171 a code? have have noticed 171  on another engine I used once, forgotten origin of that one though. Cheers

1 hour ago, beemwr said:

Thanks Brent for clarifying the different engines. 

I also have an M30 block how do I identify whether it is B34 or B35 or is it just the internals that are different? It has 171------- in front of the engine number. Is 171 a code? have have noticed 171  on another engine I used once, forgotten origin of that one though. Cheers

check the numbers on the block near the starter motor , on the edge where the bellhousing bolts up 

Sold the e30 conversion big 6, now can move this one and take better pics. Also hope to add 'long block' and other pieces of M30 in the shed (no head though-gone) foe a comprehensive spares package..

The engine mount bolt holes on an M30B35 from an e34 do not line up with a B34 from an e28, which means it is not a drop in swap. (Need a custom engine mount arm)

So did we ever determine what exactly this engine actually is?

Following on from Brent's post :

( block has 34 6K B and eng #40370236 on it) and I read somewhere that a BMW text on the valve cover and 35 on intake manifold confirms to me that this is indeed a M30B35 . (An M30B34 has bmw roundel on valve cover and on intake manifold 32/34= less performance spec all over.)

16 hours ago, mattsimis said:

So did we ever determine what exactly this engine actually is?

See previous post saying it is an M30B35 gleaned from Brents info and further research.

On 3/23/2019 at 4:30 PM, beemwr said:

See previous post saying it is an M30B35 gleaned from Brents info and further research.

Yes but I'm asking which version of the M30B35, early ones do have e28 mounting points:

http://www.mye28.com/viewtopic.php?t=60306

18 hours ago, Kodachrome said:

Yes but I'm asking which version of the M30B35, early ones do have e28 mounting points:

http://www.mye28.com/viewtopic.php?t=60306

Brent or others maybe the  best to answer this, but had I been putting the M30B35 into my e28 I would have used/made up an adapter plate for this engine.

If it’s from an e34 it’s highly likely it does not have the right mounts. Early e32, maybe and late e24 will have the mounts. 

Easiest way is to look at the engine arm mounts on the block and upload a photo. 

Did you also say you had another block kicking around? (I also wouldn’t recommend an e28 as a tow vehicle, there’s nothing solid in the rear end to mount a tow bar to, the factory one is only rated for 900Kg braked from memory)

3 hours ago, eliongater said:

1.If it’s from an e34 it’s highly likely it does not have the right mounts. Early e32, maybe and late e24 will have the mounts. 

2.Easiest way is to look at the engine arm mounts on the block and upload a photo. 

3.Did you also say you had another block kicking around?

4,(I also wouldn’t recommend an e28 as a tow vehicle, there’s nothing solid in the rear end to mount a tow bar to, the factory one is only rated for 900Kg braked from memory)

1. I was expecting to make an adapter for the mount to fit the e28, not a biggie in the scheme of things I thought.

2. engine has been sold so sorting adapter and wiring loom adaptation is not going to happen by me now.

3, Yes, basically another engine less head and ECU. Sorry, it has been snapped up by the M30 engine buyer.

4. I have had the e28e auto over 12 years now, mainly towing, all over NZ. Nearing the 300k mark, no breakdowns, very reliable and a real pleasure to drive.It has great torque as you will know for a 2.7L motor. Before me someone had built a substantial towing frame which extends towards the front of the car well before certs were the norm.WOF inspections haven't raised any comments thus far. Hoping for another 10 years I reckon.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

Ah, that towing frame would make a world of difference. I’ll stop detailing your thread now.

Is this a good thread to ask for a M30B34 block?

I'm in need of one for my poor E28.