Sign in to follow this  
Eagle

E39 530i manual

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-1951987246.htm?rsqid=32b8cd07f6a643b48c3bbf57f8fc203d

Rare spec with a number of goodies on it. Looks a little neglected but still could be a decent buy provided it not excessively worn. Real shame that interior colour really shows up the wear, looks like leather center console also courtesy of BMW individual.

It's a real nice idea but a higher km UK car running a g220 isn't particularly appealing 

• Like 1

Not ideal but wouldn't say its a deal breaker, seeing it in person is the only true judgement. Id usually take a look but voluntarily driving to Auckland these days is the definition of insanity.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dirtydoogle said:

It's a real nice idea but a higher km UK car running a g220 isn't particularly appealing 

aye.  Mrs Ubaru feels this is worth way more than it is 

That leather interior isn't too late to save, it's just been badly neglected.

A few details found from car jam and bmw fans.

CK19560

Listed as an automatic

Assembled Feb 2003

UK reg Mar 2003

NZ reg 1 June 2007

current plate gmd921 effective 4 sept 2012, MATUK up to 7/jun 2007, DZK354 up to 1/Jun 2007

The manual trans listing for it in BMW fans is a S5D 320z- THCH.

Have to say the colour looks nice the wheels do nothing for me has only manual adjust seats. The exhaust , suspension and what else has been changedor about to wear out if interested proceed with caution.

The five series cars took a big hit  price wise and with age catching up on them even a so called rare, limited number 150  in that colour. Its sixteen yrs old covered over 300,000k  about 18,750k's a yr  and a bmw.

As stated only a 220 fitted well below the level it should have. Wonder was the conversion done here in NZ or UK and by whom. Have to wonder also what the 25 thousand was spent on it from 2012 only 7yrs. No maybe not in the five and half yrs of owing a 530 I spent 14. Best of luck on who ever buys it

Edited by allan
  • Like 1

Its clear you'd be able to get it for less than 6k

Personally i don't mind the wheels at all and love manual seats, electrics are heavy and pointless unless you got multiple people using the car.  Its got no sun roof also so its about as light as E39 6 cyl can get. K's dont hold much weight at this age. Guessing the 25k would be covering manual conversion, wheels, headers, coilovers etc and if you paying someone to do the work then its easy to rack bills.

Someone in Auckland should go look at it  

• Like 1

One would hope so all to true  personnal joice does play a part in what one likes in a car. The fact that it has a manual box good but the wrong one according to the parts cat  sets off alarm bells for me based on my own 5 and half yrs owning a 5er. As for the k's would depend on how they were achived nice normal driving  ok thrashed  not so. Also any work carried out before 2012  still  interesting.

3 minutes ago, qube said:

i would stay away personally

I'd send an emissary ?

16 minutes ago, qube said:

i would stay away personally

You looked the owner up on facebook?

The ride height screams douche bag to me... best to stay away haha.

Surely sorting out those white leather seats in sad condition would be a priority over any other modifications!? I guess not...

• Like 1

I see where people are coming from and i wasn't playing on buying it myself but viewing is still the only way to truly condemn it

Seats seems to be one of those things that an average person neglects for reason i can only speculate on