Sign in to follow this  
NZ00Z3

Mystery M-Coupe

Another nice M Coupe on Trademe, this time right hand drive, but where in the world is it located?  Waiting for the auction questions to be answered.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=1957720037&tm=email&et=45&mt=2A1A6709-5791-44E1-AFDB-C46190AEDD43

976287810.jpg

It's not a scam. I know Sam and have exported cars to him in the past. 

The car is still based in the UK and available for export.

Edited by leebske

44 minutes ago, leebske said:

So just misleading then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leebske said:

So who is the Anthony in Dargaville then? With their 1 star feedback on TradeMe. Clearly they have lifted the advert straight off the other site?

Trademe couldnt care less except that it makes a nice $ on every listing and every sell commission.

• Like 1

Can it even be registered here? Get it in under SIV is guess?

2 hours ago, KwS said:

Can it even be registered here? Get it in under SIV is guess?

Going to be 20 soon, so SIV not needed I think? 

4 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

So who is the Anthony in Dargaville then? With their 1 star feedback on TradeMe. Clearly they have lifted the advert straight off the other site?

No idea, probably a local friend. The UK number listed is Sam's.

I have a keen interest in purchasing a Z3 M Coupe. Have had for years.....sadly.

I know a little about importing cars from the UK (see my owned vehicles). A purchase price of $50k nzd for a UK based car will result in a total, vinned and on the road in NZ, price of probably $20k nzd over the initial purchase price. It's a nice car, for sure. But it makes the $80k nz new s54 sold by Duttons in ChCh a few weeks ago look like a better deal.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, leonf said:

I have a keen interest in purchasing a Z3 M Coupe. Have had for years.....sadly.

I know a little about importing cars from the UK (see my owned vehicles). A purchase price of $50k nzd for a UK based car will result in a total, vinned and on the road in NZ, price of probably $20k nzd over the initial purchase price. It's a nice car, for sure. But it makes the $80k nz new s54 sold by Duttons in ChCh a few weeks ago look like a better deal.

While the Duttons S54 M Coupe was a special car at a special price, I still agree with you that the car on Trademe is over priced. $50,000 to 55,000 landed and fully N.Z complied is the going rate for it considering the mileage. Not $50,000 plus shipping and compliance.

Having been a member of various UK Z3 forums for years, I've seen some horror photos of rust under Z3's with similar mileages as the M Coupe that would not get through the N.Z compliance system.  It may be pristine, but it is an area to keep in mind and get photos of the under side during any negotiations. 

• Like 2

Selling something you don't have is against the terms...

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, leonf said:

Even with GST at 15% on purchase and shipping costs and doing everything above board if you need another $20k on a $50k car I would suggest you are paying over the odds.

Unless you get hit with massive bills at compliance time due to hidden problems that is.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2019 at 1:20 PM, KwS said:

Selling something you don't have is against the terms...

I've complained of companies doing that before but tardme does nothing...

4 minutes ago, BozzaFC said:

image.png.d7725faad94631f7650974b25ba41ca5.png

Just noticed this tonight...

Bit slow chap, look a few posts above ;)