Sign in to follow this  
dragonz

Newbie with 335i Cabriolet

Hi there, new to the forums & new BMW owner.

I recently bought a low mileage (61K) 2007 335i Cabriolet hardtop & am loving the car. Crisp performance & handling, combined with top-down motoring (helps me keep my speed down but still have fun) :)

It's the 6 speed auto, but I'm enjoying the paddleshift, so not missing having a 3rd pedal at this point. 

It was a Singapore import, & has been in the country for a couple of years, but is missing owners manuals, & I want to upgrade the nav to NZ maps & add Bluetooth streaming.

Does anyone have manuals for these cars, or can you suggest where to buy?

Any suggestions on adding the Bluetooth phone connectivity & updating the nav for NZ? 

TIA

Phil

• Like 1

I can't help with your questions Phil but welcome.

But you get no points without pics! :)

Have a good google and you’ll probably find a pdf of the owners manual, only needs to be the English version, no specific NZ version.

In terms of NZ nav and Bluetooth you are in Auckland so Euro Surgeon would be a good option for you.

If you want a budget solution for Bluetooth, and you have an aux input, grab a Himbox Bluetooth adapter from Amazon. About $25, which is approx 100x less than getting proper Bluetooth integration.

Edited by Matth5

well I got the Bluetooth & Nav  sorted through OBD Tech.

Was a little bit of a runaround, as the first module was faulty, but we got there in the end.

the Kufatec unit that goes in replaces the CD stacker connection, so lose that functionality, but the rest of the setup more than makes up for that.

Car is running like a dream, really happy with it.

Nice looking car Phil - is that Monacoblau?

Ebay is probably your best bet for an original owners manual - it looks as though the coupe and convertible used the same one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-3-SERIES-COUPE-CONVERTIBLE-HANDBOOK-OWNERS-MANUAL-2009-2011/163635512422?hash=item26196fc466:g:0agAAOSwe7ZcQKv2

• Like 1

On 4/4/2019 at 8:57 AM, dragonz said:

well I got the Bluetooth & Nav  sorted through OBD Tech.

Was a little bit of a runaround, as the first module was faulty, but we got there in the end.

the Kufatec unit that goes in replaces the CD stacker connection, so lose that functionality, but the rest of the setup more than makes up for that.

Car is running like a dream, really happy with it.

Thanx for that it now explains why my CD stacker doesn't work, the previous owner must have done the same thing to mine. Now I need to find out what other mods they have had done :)

On 9/28/2019 at 5:44 PM, Iron Rider said:

Thanx for that it now explains why my CD stacker doesn't work, the previous owner must have done the same thing to mine. Now I need to find out what other mods they have had done :)

I have spoken to other installers since, that say they can have both the cellphone & stacker working, but I haven't found out if they use the same hardware.

Would be good to have both. I'm one of those funny people who still buy LP's & CD's & the like, & like to have all the options :)

Had the car on the dyno the other day, pleasing to see the performance is right on par for this model. 197kW at the wheels. 

• Like 1