Sign in to follow this  
NZ_InFerno

130i part deux

I bought another 130i, this time a 5 door E87. I'm probably going to sell the e81. This one is almost identical to the e81(same year 2008, M-Sport, beige Leather Interior, Aluminium trim) but has two more doors. It also has more goodies in that it has the 18" M-Sport Alloys, seat warmers, electric seats, idrive and auto climate control plus the previous owner put in a Bluetooth adapter and mic. 

It needs a little bit of tidying up and definitely a cut and polish but drives nicely considering it's done a few kms. 

IMG_20190224_164245.jpg

Edited by NZ_InFerno
  • Like 2

Wow thats fascinating. From the back, looks completely different to the M140. From the side, to the casual observer, looks near identical. Bonnet is shorter but longer, larger rear bumper, and that's about the guts of it.

IMG_20190224_164245.jpg.a51040e6b49df2522efbeb52ab1684fc.jpg

2018-12-23 15.37.50.jpg

Edited by BlackrazorNZ
  • Like 1

2 door 1 series hatches are the craze especially over in UK

ever since the 130i and now the M135/M140i's, we in NZ are not so lucky to have them except for a couple (literally a couple) of ex SG ones.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, NZ_InFerno said:

I bought another 130i, this time a 5 door E87. I'm probably going to sell the e81. This one has seat warmers, electric seats, idrive and auto climate control 

It needs a little bit of tidying up and definitely a cut and polish but drives nicely considering it's done a few kms. 

IMG_20190224_164245.jpg

gotta hand it to you, you don't mess around Dan!  Congrats on your latest purchase.  I'm sure you'll move on the 2dr 130i in no time.

Well I was going to make a thread, see what bimmersport thinks I should sell it for. I was thinking $13kish considering it's under 50k kms 

Got the car back from the detailer today and sure looks pretty. Managed to fit me in around some very nice rides including a black on black 2017 M3 ?. Shoutout to Elite Detailing, highly recommended. 

IMG_20190308_162518.thumb.jpg.fe4079ce4391d1e9245afa07fccbbf62.jpg

I've barely had it in my possession since purchase but I have been buying various bits for the car so have one driveshaft coupling already with some new vanos solenoids on the way and a couple of cosmetic pieces. 

Before I got it detailed I had the steering wheel and drivers seat leather repaired by a fellow bimmersport member who did a wicked job. 

After the Stage 3 detail car looks a million times better. It's shown up a few minor things like stone chips on the bonnet etc but now the metallic in the paint can actually be seen and it looked great even under the detailer spot lights and critical eye. Said it came up much better than the 120d he had in the shop for a stage 4 correction which was there when I dropped it off. Looks like a different car compared to the nearly matte paint look it was sporting when I bought it.

IMG_20190308_162545.thumb.jpg.71a8d00b091d9f3326fea2cffdcf9702.jpg 

I've been cleaning the interior this evening and over the weekend will finish the passenger side carpet/mats and clean/treat the leather.

Edited by NZ_InFerno
  • Like 5

Black sapphire metallic looks really good when its all shiny, lots of flecks. Mines covered in stone chips too.. Its a never ending game trying to solve it though.

• Like 1

Why did u get the 4 doors one anyway? Needed the doors or tempted by the options? I would have thought the 2 doors one is a keeper being special.

4 door was a parts car, but realised it was more practical with more options rather than putting all the work in swapping them over I might as well drive it. Its more in the car budget too. 

Been receiving parts for this over the last couple of weeks, some fitting and some not. 

Today put new vanos Solenoids in, has made a big improvement to the car.

My identical e81 had them done recently which made a noticeable difference. Driving them back to back the e81 feels peppier so I thought I'd order some to swap in and see if it would make a difference. Plus the extensive service history didn't have Solenoids being done so a good box to tick. Old ones had been in there a while, o rings didn't look too flash. 

Driving the car now, pick up is way better and feels more alive. Very happy with a little over an hours work. 

• Like 2

Fitted a new battery to this earlier this week, has been my runabout for the last 6 weeks with my 2 door getting sorted out. 

Wow nearly a year between updates, this has been my daily driver while the other 130is have not been working. So, most of this year ?

Recently had new spark plugs and a coil done on it. Fresh WoF today. 

Now that my manual one is working again I will be selling it shortly, just waiting on a coolant temp sensor to arrive to be fitted. If anyone's keen on it flick me a pm. Runs mint, looks good with the cut and polish. Been well taken care of all its life in NZ, have a thick book of service history from previous owners and myself. 

just for 100% clarity, you're selling the 4 door black one with beige interior right? :lol:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, qube said:

just for 100% clarity, you're selling the 4 door black one with beige interior right? :lol:

Haha yeah, I did post in the right thread lol 

I know you were keen on the E81 2 door, that will be the next for sale(again ?). Just waiting on the footwell module to be fixed(coming back this week) and new wheels/tyres fitted(208M set). Decided I'll keep the white one, I enjoy manual far too much. 

Edited by NZ_InFerno

Ordered my 3rd Coolant temp sensor in 3 months, this time from Pelican Parts. First two, both ebay sellers failed to even ship the sensor, and had to wait a month before being able to request a refund. Hopefully this time it actually arrives ?

Car will be up for sale once its installed. 

Coolant Temp sensor finally arrived and has been installed. 

Car is now for sale, again:

Edited by NZ_InFerno