Sign in to follow this  
Ripstart01

WTB: 135i 6MT

Hey all, I am after a black manual 135i - if anyone is thinking about selling? Somewhere between 50000-90000kms on the clock.

Not fussed whether N54 or N55. As long as the main pain-points have been taken care of. Looking for something similar to this: 

I have a top spec, pristine rev3 MR2 GT-S I could trade if anyone is into those, otherwise I will just sell that first.

Cheers!

there are not many 135i owners on this forum, and of the few that I do know, none of them are manual.

better to try facebook and trademe.

I'd be buying DCT more fun than manual once you learn how to control it

• Like 3

Hyundai drivers... ? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jacko said:

Hyundai drivers... ? 

?. Go take one for a drive Chris...make sure it's the 1.6T DCT7 AWD though. Sports mode, AWD pedal down and piss 3 & 4 liter euro owners off. I love it. Could come to a coffee Sunday but I don't think it would be appropriate with all the badge lovers

• Like 1

Haha dont make fun of hyundai. Its a serious car brand and has a huge presence in korea. I was amazed actually. Their sub brand genesis is massive over there competing against all the luxury euros and doing very well.

The g70 was a nice looking sedan. 

Glenn come along! Dont be shy

Hyundai now has an ‘N division’

sounds awful like ‘m division’ except its 1 more, coincidence? Unlikely. 

Sounds very Spinal Tap. 

390D45B0-327B-429D-A116-9946A245FD5A.png

Nothing European matches it's performance in the same CC category for a production vehicle. I wish I had waited for the new 2.liter"N" AWD version of the Kona which comes out next year

https://www.motoringresearch.com/car-news/hyundai-explains-meaning-of-n/

Edited by B.M.W Ltd
  • Like 1

Hyundai = humiliation. 

@Ripstart01 They are very hard to find. Consider converting one. If you found a manual one there would be 'just one'. You have you pick of hundreds of autos so would likely get a far better car & spec. I'd personally try and find a N55 DCT.

• Haha 1

Yep as above, recommend test driving a n55 DCT model if you haven't yet. I was a manual die hard prior to getting my n55 135i. Have owned it almost 2 years now and still nowhere close to being bored of it. The DCT mated to this motor is an epic package

That's an interesting idea I hadn't considered. Googling around it doesn't look like converting is that common.. I wonder how it would stack up on costs compared with just paying a couple of grand extra (and obviously waiting a while) to find a manual.

For me it has to be manual, I like to get out on the twisty roads and be as involved in the drive as possible, not really that worried about shaving tenths off a quarter mile. There were a fair few around on Trademe in the last couple of years but the only black one I've seen this year worth buying was the one listed here and sold back in Dec/Jan. My parter has a tuned 2012 DSG TT RS  (low ks and mint) which we could probably offer up a good deal on a trade up if someone was looking to get into one of those. 

• Like 1

Probably just worth waiting. I don't think they are that rare and can't image converting one would be cheap at all, and that's not including coding side of things.

Im sure Ray @HELLBM would have an idea though.

• Like 1

DSG & DCT are completely different gearboxes and drive quite differently