Sign in to follow this  
hugo_nz

My 6-er is getting a big brother/sister

My S.O had a car accident at the beginning for Feb, and the insurance wrote that car off. After many test drives, we narrowed down the choice to three models. F15 X5 Xd50i, Mercedes GLE 250d 4Matic, Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.6 Limited. After much agonizing, we settled on a replacement... the F15 X5 Xdrive 50i ?

I didn't grab any photos off the dealer website before they took the car down, so these will have to do for now. It's very well spec'd with some highlights being:

* Bang and Olufsen Sound
* Surround view
* Park assist
* Exclusive Nappa Mokka (NAMY)
* Fineline Pure textured wood
* Interior and Exterior Design Pure Experience
* Adaptive suspension pack 'Professional'
* Comfort seats with memory
* Pano roof
* 3rd row searing
* Ambient lighting
* Soft close doors
* HUD
* Adaptive LED headlights
* Individual Exterior Line - Burnished Aluminium 

He/She (haven't decided yet) is currently wrapped in matte silver, which looks awesome, and all the chrome has been blacked out (apart from the kidney surrounds). Underneath the paint colour is mineral silver metallic A14.

On the second test drive, I took my Surface Pro along and hooked the car up to ISTA+ for a full diagnostic, fully expecting the control unit tree to be lit up lit up like Christmas lights. To my joy, there were only 2 errors, and both had to do with the battery needing replacement.

The car is currently being prepped and serviced, and I'll collect it after returning from a business trip next week. Right now I have to go and move our garage shelving around to make sure the 5-er and the 6-er fit side-by-side.

WhatsApp Image 2019-02-25 at 14.51.32.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-02-25 at 14.51.44.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-02-25 at 15.12.09.jpeg

• Like 4

Good choice.  Looks great.

But how the hell was the Jeep even in the running?

Living in the US I see many of them.  On the back of tow trucks and on the side of the highway.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Here it is folks! Pretty awesome ride and I love the fact that it handles like a sports car with the practicality of a SUV!

f15_front.jpg

f15_interior.jpg

f15_rear.jpg

order-and-chaos.jpg

• Like 5

That interior color is awesome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow, a 50i in Pure Excellence. It must be an import as there were none built to that spec NZ new.

A unique beast you have there.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, balancerider said:

Are you BP's best customer with that fleet?

Z...actually lol. But nah, maybe $60 each a week in fuel for our regular kind of day to day driving.

15 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Wow, a 50i in Pure Excellence. It must be an import as there were none built to that spec NZ new.

A unique beast you have there.

Yup imported. And not surprising given that the Design Pure lines were $7000 options (7 seat models). The B&O sound option was $10k. Whoever ordered this car new was rolling in it. A quick calculation puts the NZ New equivalent at $210,000.

53 minutes ago, hugo_nz said:

Yup imported. And not surprising given that the Design Pure lines were $7000 options (7 seat models). The B&O sound option was $10k. Whoever ordered this car new was rolling in it. A quick calculation puts the NZ New equivalent at $210,000.

Looks like it's from Singapore? so maybe multiply that by 5 to get the price in SGD

4 hours ago, balancerider said:

Looks like it's from Singapore? so maybe multiply that by 5 to get the price in SGD

Holy shitballs. I just looked at the historic prices. It was like $500k new in SGD (or around $600k NZD)

• Haha 1